Vettel is too mentally weak to win | FerrariChat

Vettel is too mentally weak to win

Discussion in 'F1' started by ATBNM3, May 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hamilton is just too much of a match for Vettel. Unlike Hamilton Vettel is too mentally weak to come back from such a deficit. Once Hamilton is in his head he owns him. Same as last season Vettel will continue to break down race after race.

505T and yamashek like this.
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    At least you were kind enough to not say "The Sebastian Vettel Sucks Thread".

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Vettel is four times world champion - and when he's been in a team allowing to win the world championship he's never been outperformed by his team mate (Hamilton lost to Rosberg, for those having already forgotten).
    So far with Ferrari the team has not been flawless as needed - just look at the terrible strategy today. Ferrari had not the fastest car today, but that's not the problem; in such situations the team should allow damage limitation, which it missed.

stavura, daytona355 and NEP like this.
  4. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    There is some truth to this. Hope Ferrari can regroup and launch a better offensive to recapture the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daytona355 likes this.
  5. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    Meh. Vettel won two championships from behind, one as a long shot and one after a first lap crash.

I do not think Ferrari as a team is strong enough though. They have managed to screw up every chance they've had in the last 10 years. Massa, Alonso and Vettel have fallen victim in one way or another, but strategy in the tire management era has been a major weakness in general. Both RB and Merc make them looks silly when it comes to when and how to pit.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Someone is 'to' mentally weak to name this thread properly.

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Vettel gets ahead of himself, that's always going to be his weakness. Lewham used to make stupid mistakes, but at least he outgrew them; Vettel has not. He will choke and screw something up. Merc can bank on that.

Jakuzzi and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Ferrari is a team with weak and insecure management. They do not have the best drivers. They have built wonderful cars. And they have won championships. But their best days are behind them. The sport has been irreversibly corrupted by corporate money and political correctness. Enjoy what is left of it while you can.

9. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Just looking at this year, I'll still assume the Ferrari and Mercedes cars have a shot at the title. HAM is on a 30 race scoring streak, and he's due for another KERBLAMO or two! Ferrari seemed to take a reasonable gamble with trying to either undercut HAM or whatever with the first pit stop, and the 2nd one might have worked, but it sure didn't get us anywhere close to 1st and cost us two places. Plenty of racing to go.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    what the heck are you talking about? He beaten by Ricardo in his own team then ran to Ferrari with his tail tucked between his legs.

Cyt likes this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Wrong...he tried that one already but it was closed. So he now found a new way of trolling...
    Interesting how the fanboys crawl out under their stone just as Lewis again has the dominating car to win from pole, they were surprisingly silent in the last weeks when he actually showed nothing and was outdriven by his own team mate....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

furoni, daytona355, NEP and 3 others like this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This gets my vote for Dumbest Fchat Thread ever.

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Have you seen The Official Thread About Nothing?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  14. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Vettel had already been beaten mentally, he'll have temper tantrums like a 5 year old and intentionally start crashing into Hamilton in a race or two. Same as last year, he's mentally weak.

15. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    How sad your life must be to get enjoyment from trolling... I pity you.

furoni, Nuvolari and daytona355 like this.
  16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    BTW: It's "too", not "to"

Just sayin'

Jakuzzi, Tackleberry and daytona355 like this.
  17. 'Trust'

'Trust' Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 31, 2012
    Not sure of the point of the thread, there is some validity to Seb's displayed racing maturity. Historically he's been a gloating winner and an even worse loser. HOWEVER, he has shown to be much improved in that department this year, I love that he said he had to try the late break move in Baku that cost him the Drivers Championship points lead. Let's not get into Seb's previous wins at Red Bull, that car was a monster compared to the rest of the field, it was akin the Silver Arrows of 2015/16 and then some.

Being a Brit, I'm cheering for Lewis, and it's clear to me that Ferrari has the better car so far this year (except until maybe today for Barcelona), and Seb has been almost perfect in his efforts. Lewis is more poised, and methodical on track, I'm sure Niki has had some influence there, couple that with a car who's only weakness thus far is dialing in tire management, he's hard to beat if he has momentum.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  18. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Look, I am a big fan of Kimi but I don’t think he is helping the team. It just seems like whenever he has a chance to be a factor he just flows along as if he’s going through the motions. If there was some competition from the other driver it would make Seb better, which would dial in the rest of the team. Not trying to solely blame Kimi for the team’s woes but they are not firing on all cylinders and I think a driver change is needed next year. I am hoping for Ricci but if they keep trashing power units and running their own guys over in the pits he will likely go elsewhere. Not giving up hope yet though!

19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    So you tell me Ricciardo won the world championship??
    Otherwise what I wrote was completely exact...

stavura, daytona355 and NEP like this.
  20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I can’t believe anyone is seriously trying to claim Elton is mentally sound and unwavering! Hehehehe. Wait till he breaks up with his boyfriend/girlfriend whatever he has, and he’ll go smashing into people left right and centre. This cool collected person you refer to doesn’t exist- listen to the radio when he has to actually fight on track - the Samaritans banned him as he’s too far gone. Hehehehehehehehe

Now Mercedes have their bespoke tyres they’ll win races of course, but it ain’t down to having that tool in the driving seat, bottles or anyone else of the top eight drivers would do exactly the same

stavura likes this.
  21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Lol. This Hamilton fanboy is riding high after his win on those custom tires made for Merc. They're a simple breed, Hamilton fans...

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #37 user ignored

furoni likes this.
  23. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    The crash bandot Vettel?!

Not since this weekend since his 4th WDC going on his 5th since Vettel is already mentally beaten for 2018. Maybe Ferrari will realise they need Hamilton to win another WDC and hire him for 2019.

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What’s a Bandot?

Ferrari wouldn’t hire elton if he was the last one on earth, even your hero admitted that they have never wanted him...... boooooohoooooooo

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    This