Vettel plans to retire at the end of 2019 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Vettel plans to retire at the end of 2019

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, May 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lets be honest here, Leclerc still makes quite a few mistakes.

Vettel has no excuses being a 4x wdc and all, but if Vettel where to leave and Leclerc being the automatic #1 driver, these mistakes need to be minimized.

Ricciardo is a driver more than up to the task to win in the Ferrari and he makes minimal mistakes, + his overtaking skill is awesome. Ferrari with a car that's really top running (I do not mean dominant, but at least capable of competing for the win/front row each race), Ricciardo is a fantastic bet.

IMO the only driver in the field today to drive the car to where it doesn't belong is Max.

2. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I remember reading that Alonso got it in his head that he could never win a championship with Ferrari and that's why he left after five seasons. I have a feeling Vettel is experiencing the same doubt Alonso experienced five seasons ago, although, I believe the one difference is that Alonso would have beaten Hamilton in the championship last season, based on what we saw Alonso do in 2012. I just can't see him making the mistakes Vettel did.

nsxrebel, lagunacc, dflett and 2 others like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You are right about Alonso dragging out performances, but there was more to last year than vettels mistakes, they just provide an easy example of reasons we couldn’t win. The car was strong first half, but the rules were enforced and things changed by the FIA making parts of our car unusable, and Mercedes were allowed an illegal part to be used until such time as they were mathematically safe, and then removed it without having it disputed and thereby investigated, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t cheat with the special wheels. 2017 and 2018 were definately not Ferrari’s seasons lost in deference

fil and Jakuzzi like this.
  4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    So True! Like the story of a certain British driver for a Germanic team that fancies women. ;)

5. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    After FIAT/Chrysler and Renault merge, it will be easy to slide Danny Ric into Vettel's seat.

6. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    So now we're back to the "Lewis is gay" thing?

Jakuzzi and william like this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wasn't Ferrari spun off from FCA a few years ago?

I don't think Vettel is leaving Ferrari at the end of this year. There's a better chance of Alonso returning to F1 than that happening imo.

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I didn’t see that mentioned here, but in the end, rumours are rumours, you can’t stop them happening, unless you can take out an injunction maybe

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhhhh, but it may be Vettel retiring, Alonso coming back to ride the ferrari to victory, LeClerc as his rear gunner

nsxrebel and WilyB like this.
  10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    As seen by this past weekend, LEC isn't ready for #1 status YET. Danny Ric or Ocon as #1 makes more sense IMO, LEC is only a rookie and might benefit as a #2 for a couple years behind a true competitive #1.

Don't think Mick is ready for F1 yet, needs to earn more wins and experience on the junior circuit.

SimCity3 and daytona355 like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I would like to see Ricci get a chance, but Ocon I don’t rate, promising in other formula. but I expected more from him when he got his chance.

SimCity3 likes this.
  12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'd like to see Kimi back at Ferrari. Teach Lec to keep cool and also to help develop the car. Lec has been getting openly frustrated too much and saying crazy things in interviews like he's willing to risk crashing out to move up. Keep that in house...

vinny84, stavura, Bas and 3 others like this.
  13. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You mean the guy that finished 2nd at Monaco in the 3rd best car? Or the guy that crashed out?

Makuono and csmjr91090 like this.
  14. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    You guys are right. Chuck is fast, but lacks maturity. He was so pissed off at the team for his Q1 debacle, his reply was he was going to go for it, regardless if he crashes or not. That was the same way Max was a few seasons ago. Now Max is still fast, and uses his new-found maturity in his drives to finish the race. To finish first, first you must finish.

Surfah, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel doesn't think Ferrari's 2019 F1 car is "as bad as it looks"

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :)

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I don't agree with most, i think Charles makes very few mistakes...for starters i don't even think he made a mistake at all at Monaco, his crash was 100% Ferrari's fault, not his, had Ferrari not screwd him in the first place and he would most probably finished first or second. Baku again was Ferrari's mistake, everyone saw SEb just moments before almost crashing in the same place, why? because they decided to switch for those stupid harder tires. With the current car, if it was run by merc or Red Bull, Charles would have already 2 wins in the bag, possibly 3 with Monaco.
    I'm yet to see a serious mistake that is actualy his own fault. But if i had to pick anyone to partner with him it would be Ricci, no doubt.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Bet the rumour started from Todt’s son who manages Leclerc

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ....then why are neither driver getting any decent results?

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Correct. Remember the driver from Max last year as he ****ed up in FP3 and started last? He kept his head and pulled off some incredibly well timed overtakes and got a couple of points for it in return. Those of us in the Race thread all saw it coming. He was going to crash. The drive back at full speed? Another pointless decision. Wrecked the floor completely...probability of SC is high in Monaco, if he was going to be lapped so be it, wait for the SC, engine wear isn't high here...wait for the SC, throw on new softs, unlap yourself and score some points.

21. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Why do people think Ferrari is in any way still linked with FIAT or FCA ?

Ferrari has been an independent company for a few years now, precisely to protect it if FIAT collapses or is swallowed up.

vinny84 and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, Hamilton haters like that angle of attack. as if it has any relevance on his achievelents.

Like if homosexuality was still a stigma ...

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You can't blame him to put pressure on Ferrari to look better after his client.
    That's what a manager is for.

DF1 likes this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I loved watching Charles tearing that POS apart..reminded me of Gilles at Zandvoort.....he was just driving in anger, i wanna see that in a driver, the guy was so pissed he didn't even care, and those 10 laps where just magic, that'a racing for me..that's the sort of thing i'll remenber, not Sebs second place

DF1 and Bas like this.
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This is old news, nobody cares about it, move along please....

daytona355, P.Singhof and Jakuzzi like this.