[VID] Fifth Gear - Maserati GranTurismo | FerrariChat

[VID] Fifth Gear - Maserati GranTurismo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  2. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Thanks again SPEEDCORE !!

3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks!
    Wow!
    This car is gorgeous. I can't wait for the 450hp, GranSport version....you know it will be coming.
    Then....
    Ferrari look out....that will be the car to lust after. I might not want a 612 Scag afterall.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    FM San Diego had a dark metallic blue one a week or so ago at a special 'unveiling' at the SD Polo Club. The car is stunning in person, IMO a much better design than the 599 and 612 (although the 612 is an imposing car).

It looks great in photos, but even better in person. I didn't get to drive it, but the cockpit is very well executed.

5. 355bnut

355bnut Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    DomC

Not to pick a fight with you, but your bashing of the 599's styling at every opportunity just smacks of someone whose trying to convince himself!!
    Clearly very few people agree with you. The demand for the car world wide, and especially in the US, screams of its unqualified success on every level? We get it - you don't like it. Big ------ deal!!

6. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    I love the GT. The AM Vantage has some serious competition now!

7. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's a natural and obvious comparison - the same guy at Pininfarina designed both, IIRC. His comment was that the GT was "a classic" design and the 599 was "challenging".

Make of it what you want. I don't feel compelled to be in the current majority re: the 599 and don't rely on the masses to shape my views.

8. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1000

9. MikeA

MikeA Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Los Gatos
    Too bad they are competing only with each other. They are both performance challenged with non-competitive engine HP for the price range.
    This is really unfortunate, since they are the two best looking cars in the GT category IMHO, except maybe for the Bentley which is much
    higher priced.

10. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Thanks for the link, i really was looking for something like this.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not that Bullfighter needs defending...but his post only referred to the design of the GT vs the 599...not about its demand or success on "every level." The reasons behind the 599's demand are numerous, not the least of which is the simple fact that it represents Ferrari's flagship Sports-GT car (Supercars are in a different category altogether). It will be in demand for just that reason alone. Now on top of that it has super technology and performance ,and that clearly makes it desirable too.
    The design of the GT may be better than the 599 (I don't know for sure since I have yet to see a GT in person...but I have seen the 599 and was "challenged" to like it).
    I would wager that if the GT had a more sport-tuned suspension and a 500hp V12 with state-of-the-art F1 tranny it would attract many Ferrari buyers away from their usual choice....because it is better styled (and Pininfarina pretty much admitted that already).

12. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Wonderful. I need to get on the wait list. Thank you very much for that!
    -Colin

13. Sanj-

Sanj- Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Vancouver
    i dont usually have my speaker system on, but after watching the slr roadster clip, i had my speakers kinda high; and hearing that exhaust on the GT, oh my....makes me want one even more. maserati is just getting better and better.

any ideas of when this car will be available for sale in canada?

14. 355bnut

355bnut Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    DomC
    My sole point is that you have repeated your views ad naseum. I am not debating the virtues or lack thereof of either design, nor do I disrespect your right to your views.
    Regarding what the designer said, the word "challenging" is not a synonym for "better". Jason grew up in my neighborhood and I have a pretty good idea of his thoughts on each design.

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It is a gorgeous car! Thanks for the post.

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Good video, it certainly looks and sounds great, very differant sound to the outgoing Gransport....in fact if I was speccing a GranTourismo I would pretty much choose that exterior and interior colour.

17. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  18. pdavid

pdavid Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    Thanks for the video!
    I sometimes don't like all the extra stuff that's in fifth gear. It's nice being able to just download segments of the show. Again, thanks for the vid.

19. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah, exactly right :) I skip the boring bits too.
    I have a fifth gear thread in oz section if u wanna look at other segments from this season. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182882

20. Mad_Al

Mad_Al Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Italy
    Interesting, and now keep your ideas for yourself, there is no need for useless bickering here

21. 355bnut

355bnut Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    DomC
    Bit tardy with your very open minded response.

22. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You want to moderate already?
    A bit early for that in just your 3rd post....

No profile = nobody

23. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
  24. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    You need Xvid video codec installed. I get my codecs from http://www.free-codecs.com

Also Post 17 has the newer video.