[video] Tiff takes Gallardo Spider to the Limit | FerrariChat

[video] Tiff takes Gallardo Spider to the Limit

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SPEEDCORE, Oct 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    This weeks ep of Fifth Gear has Tiff in a Gunmetal with Orange interior Gallardo Spider (as seen on TopGear and EVO mag) thru its paces on a track. He shows the difference driving with ESP on and off and some great shots of him sliding the car around and makes a comment about the Ferrari 430 Spider..

:D :D :D http://www.coresworld.net/Lamborghini/tiff_gallardospider.avi
    DoNot post links on other sites thanx.

The Best news he mentions no more Audi A8 switchgear in the G from next year :D

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Thanks for the link! I'm downloading it now.

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Just a reminder that you do need Xvid Codec to watch the vid(some reason every thread i post someone has this problem hahaha).

Here is another vid. The same episode they gave the car to some celeb(english cricket player) and he grinds the gears!!!
    http://www.coresworld.net/Lamborghini/ouch_grindinggears.avi 14mb

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    thanx for sharing man

5. pdavid

pdavid Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    Thanks for posting! It completely slipped my mind that the new episode came out this past weekend.

Great color combo on the lambo. Anyone on the boards have their's spec'd out just like it?

Also... I take it they sorted out the ESP to turn completely off? I remember Jason Plato, during the last season, complaining about how the ESP ruined his fun when he drove the SE.

6. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Did anyone catch the part (about 3min 30sec mark) where Tiff said the switches from the Audi were going to be swapped out for Lambo's own design? In fact he even mentioned before end of the year?

Usually they wouldn't just redesign the interior without doing something to the exterior right? Hence a face lifted Gallardo in the horizon?

On a sidenote, is it me or does anyone else think the new R8 interior seems more "exotic" than the Gallardo? Not to say that the Gallardo isn't nice, but I think the R8's interior much...."nicer" in a sportier way.

7. scottyd

scottyd Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    Lucan
    Full Name:
    Scott Dietrich
    ahh, i cant seam to be able to find the download for the Xvid Codec, does anyone know where i can get it?

8. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    Was an ok Video but kinda lame that they couldnt of gotten a different car then the one Clarkson tested few months ago...

9. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

10. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    The thing is, they prob recorded that afew months ago as well ;) The seasons are out of whack of each other and I have seen plenty of cars on Fifth Gear b4 it making TopGear. Also it seems like the only press car for the UK, Since its been doing the rounds on afew other uk car mags. Giving 1 car to the press doesnt sound lame, it sounds smart!!! hahaha.

Easy888, did u miss my mentioning of it just below the link :p haha. Great news hopefully they have a nice design as well, its good to hear they listening to the current batch of owners :D

I love that colour combo!!! It really works well for the Spider!!!

11. wokandroll

wokandroll Rookie

Jun 20, 2005
    OC
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Love the video........thanks for sharing!

12. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i just got a chance to watch the video, great post!

13. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There's something sad about watching a "journalist" working desperately to wear out the tyres in an attempt to make his report interesting. The Top Gear/Fifth Gear thing is now a tired cliche - no useful information, just lots of noise and smoke for the benefit of the 99.9% of the population who will never own one. Give me the latest issue EVO and a cold beer anyday - that way I can learn what the car is really like.

Sorry to be negative, but no owner would drive his car like Tiff does anywhere - even on the track.

14. GiB_@!

GiB_@! Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Aww do I spot an upset lambo owner!? Video journalism isnt going to die anytime soon so chin up son. All Top Gear's journalists are writers as well as presenters.

Fifth Gear.. well its a poor show but there's no need to go ott.

15. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark

Yes, I might have been a bit strong. Good point about Top Gear's team being writers. I'll still keep watching anyway. :)

16. pdisme

pdisme Formula 3

Oct 9, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I like the way Tiff at least tells you what he's doing while he's doing it, compared to Clarkson who just lets out groans and roars and tells you how great it sounds. :)

17. reflex

reflex Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Brighton U.K
    I'd be interested to know when the switchgear will actually change. I have one coming at the end of December

18. Ermanno Claypool

Ermanno Claypool Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Ermanno
    GREAT video!

Thank you so much,Speedcore!

19. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    DOH! I missed that. My bad.

20. Aruna

Aruna Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    the LA area
    Full Name:
    Aruna
    But wasn't Tiff an F1 driver before? I recall an episode where he drove a Ferrari F1 against an F50.. Forgot what year it was, but it's on my computer somewhere. So wouldn't that make him a driver first and a journalist second?

Found it it's been uploaded to YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUlAvc3rns

21. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    Tiff's stint in F1 lasted all of two races in 1980 for Team Ensign-Ford driving the N180. Let's put it this way...Alex Yoong and Narian Karthikeyan have had more F1 seat time than him. He does however have very extensive experience at the 24 Hours of LeMans, in the British GT Championship and in the BTCC.

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    What a gorgeous car. I am in love with the Gallardo

23. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Are you admitting your lack of skillz Mark :p

That would be the point of these shows, to show the average driver just what is indeed possible even if 99% of owners wouldnt treat the car like that. Tiff and Plato are ex-racers soo they like to have "fun" in other ppls cars :)

24. kevboaster

kevboaster Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone have any links to some high res pics of a g-spyder in that color combo? Thanks in advance.