view and edit motronic maps! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

view and edit motronic maps!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by f1karting, Jan 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Great, thanks!

2. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I found the stock 2.7 bin file, and can email on Monday. Send me pm with your email address.

sent remotely

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    So Tim,

What exactly did you do?

4. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    First, I have a couple spare ecus I am playing with just in case I mess up but it went extremely well. Took a refresher course in SMD soldering, damn 14 year olds run rings around me until I got jewelers glasses :)
    Pulled the chip out(got a nifty hot air attachment just for the plcc68 chip takes seconds to get it out clean), cleaned the pads and installed a plcc68 socket (hand soldered not paste) so the Cc460 chip can be pulled in out at any time. Also to get a good .bin file in case I brink it later I have a backup.
    With the good backup .bin we can try to program through the OBD as it has a "write only rx" permissions although it looks like you need a steady 13.8 -14 volts so if the battery is abit weak kapooey thats the reason for backup

We'll be on the the maps and tuning, that where you and maybe Goth will come in LOL

kkkhhfsd likes this.
  5. JOW02

JOW02 Karting

Apr 3, 2008
    Brisbane
    Can you email me this file also. I tried to PM you but your message quota is full.

6. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I've so far been unable to make heads or tails of the 2.7 bin. I've found a few maps but no idea what they are for. Does anyone know if there's a more common car that has similar mappings or software that will recognize the Ferrari maps I can use to try to pull the maps out?

7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    TunerPro is about the best free one
    Batronix is about the best for Bosch $$$$

kkkhhfsd likes this.
  8. JOW02

JOW02 Karting

Apr 3, 2008
    Brisbane
    I want to replace the EPROMS in the 2 ECU's in my 1995 F355. Any one got the part number of the correct/best EPROM used in these ECU's?

Also if anyone has any better mapping than the factory data it would be good to get my hands on it to put on new EPROMS.

9. ilde20

ilde20 Rookie

Aug 8, 2015
    Hi firbird could you help me whit my ecu's from my bmw 850 ci 1996 s/c euro specs it has the B58243 eproms, where can I contact you, or pleas email me to [email protected] I will appreciate your help
    best reards

10. tkacki

tkacki Rookie

Nov 5, 2008
    Hi SoCal1

Do You still have an access to BATRONIX programmer to program CC460 ?
    I have unsoldered the chip and put the socket on board.
    I need to program the CC460 (I have the file prepared). Can You help me with programming ?

11. kkkhhfsd

kkkhhfsd Rookie

May 28, 2022
    fr
    Full Name:
    frtyuio
    Hi FerrariChat Team,

Very interesting your Batronix and CC460.
    Need help to a ME5,2 of 996 with X51 factory power maps.
    Do you agree ton share the CC460 datasheet and chip memory space.
    Read with Kess partially 128 Ko, seems only Batronix and support is able to read full of the chip.
    Many thanks in advance

12. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I have no info at all on a 996.

Batronix has everything you need

They have support for the adapter

https://www.batronix.com/shop/adapter/plcc-adapter.html

part # PLCC68-DIP48

13. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hello @SoCal1 dont suppose you have any 355 Me5.2 bin files you could share? Just trying to see if there are some options now for bench flashing a 355 ecu to make manual conversions easier. Any help appreciated. :)

14. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    On a related note… I’ve just noticed that my old galletto 1260 (clone) says that it it can do Ferrari 355. Anyone tried this? If not, then I’d love it if someone with a 355 could give it a try- you can get a galletto 1260 cable on eBay for under $15.

Seems almost too good to be true, but for the small outlay, it could be a really useful ability for 355 owners to be able to download and upload ECU flash files.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Jmateo762

Jmateo762 Rookie

Jan 9, 2024
    Santo Domingo
    Full Name:
    Jorge Mateo
    Hi all, new guy here. I ran into this thread years ago but just recently joined since I've doing a lot of messing around woth the cc460. I'm now curious about what a batronix full read of the chip looks like. Is it 128kb or what is the full read size and contents.

From my experimenting I've been able to correct myself on my initial thought that the CC460 chips were not interchangeable across the 5.2 dme from the BMW. They are interchangeable i have tested this across 5 different DMEs 2 of which had different software / hardware versions.

What is NOT interchangeable however, is the Intel MCU chip from the CC460 version (BMW V8 ) , with the dual otp version (BMW V12) B58243 intel proms' MCU chip. I socketed both and they are not interchangeable. Their internal is different.

Im guessing it has something to do with the dual otp proms being high / byte low byte setup. I'm no expert in these sorts of things so I don't know what I'm talking about.

I was also able to been able to unbrick any cc460 regardless of how it was bricked. Bad programming, bad voltage, whatever.

These are not sensitive to heat as they some have claimed. I have abused them to extremes and they work just the same.

There have since been developments for getting a full read from this DME through K-line. This is from a discord user named busterhax. No affiliations. The tool is called M5.2 Quickflash. Which is what I have been using to get a full read. Galleto 1260 only gets a partial read.

Also the tool I use to unbrick The CC460 is BMW's native WinkFp.

I know the discussion here is for the Ferrari dme but the v8 bmw m5.2 is similar enough. They even have the same pinout. Mostly.

Qavion likes this.
  16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  17. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    In afraid I’ve already been in touch with these guys and they say their tool won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Qavion likes this.
  18. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell

Damn...

19. Jmateo762

Jmateo762 Rookie

Jan 9, 2024
    Santo Domingo
    Full Name:
    Jorge Mateo
    If they say it wont work I wonder if the program code is different on the Intel MCU. I have a Ferrari full read 128kb bin and it is definitely different from the BMW 128kb full read but I'm wondering if the 128kb contains the whole program code. Bootloader plus calibration.

I wanna know if the batronix can read more than what a K-line read gives out.

If anybody here has the datasheet to the cc460 that they can share that would be great. That's like a holy grail.

I also came up empty handed in the search for the 87c196KN datasheet.
    The only reference I was able to find of it is on a support sheet for a Sprint programmer. Where it confirms a few pins but that's not much to go off of except to confirm that it exists.

20. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Jmateo762 likes this.
  21. Jmateo762

Jmateo762 Rookie

Jan 9, 2024
    Santo Domingo
    Full Name:
    Jorge Mateo
    A year ago, I extensively tried to get a read from the cc460 using the above pinout I believe was the MC68HC11F1.

I was attempting with UPA Prog as it is listed as supported. However I had no such luck.

Maybe the upa doesn't support it but the Orange5 does? Is there any backing that the above pinout is correct for this IC, that it is in fact a 68hc11f1?

I also read somewhere that 360trev developed a method to somehow extract the MCU rom by writing some code to an external ram or eeprom but I couldn't find more details. Does anybody have link or maybe he can chime in that would be awesome.

22. Jmateo762

Jmateo762 Rookie

Jan 9, 2024
    Santo Domingo
    Full Name:
    Jorge Mateo
    Ok so I'm currently in the process of probing every pin on the cc460 for connections on the board and so far I can confirm that the above pinout is incorrect. I will post my findings when I complete the process. I using Excel to sort the connections of the cc460 connections to the 87c196kn and other components on the board. I got a long ways to go but here's the progress so far.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

deuce49 likes this.
  23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Which version BMW 5.2 V12 are you talking about? I have been looking for someone who could remap my E31

24. Jmateo762

Jmateo762 Rookie

Jan 9, 2024
    Santo Domingo
    Full Name:
    Jorge Mateo
    The 88 pin dme. The pre-facelift version.
    Not the 5 plug connector. I understand those (newer types are flashable) the former are not.