Vignale bodied '61 Vette (Petrolicious, 6:21) | FerrariChat

Vignale bodied '61 Vette (Petrolicious, 6:21)

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Feb 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21oUVHhbhws[/ame]

2. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    Thanks for sharing, I was aware of the Scaglietti Vette's but not this one.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Kelly, like Tom Meade after him, decided to design a car and have it built in Italy. He worked for Brooks Stevens in WI. at the time, I don't know if this was done to "show the old man what he could really do" or what but anyway he sent it to Italy and I remember the publicity at the time. Then that was "all she wrote," the car wasn't seen for decades. I gather Mr. Kelly died and the car was sold by his family to someone, maybe they were the folks that showed it at a recent Art Center College of Design concours. I never found out what it was sold for; it probably wasn't advertised, maybe the new buyers/restorers knew about it and kept asking if it was available. Real hard to put a value on it, I'd say worth more than a mint 1961 Corvette and worth something as a Sixties Vignale but how much can't fathom.