Vignale coupe fastback 0313EU | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Vignale coupe fastback 0313EU

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by bitzman, Oct 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    #26 360gtracer, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Gentlemen,

I'd like to correct one small tidbit here, and offer another comment or two.

My Dad is George H. Parker, who bought the car from Gaston Andrey, Framingham, MA in April of 1958. I still have the bank note from when he bought the car - I want to say it was about $5K (in 1958 $$!!). Dad has told me that it was roughly equivalent to a year's salary at that time.

Dad did not live in North Syracuse, NY, but rather Rome, NY. The first line above looks like it came from Marcel Massini's excellent book, "Ferrari by Vignale". When I was first in contact with Marcel (way back in about 1989 or 1990) and he told me he was preparing that book, I offered what we knew about the car then. Unfortunately, my description was probably poorly written and Marcel mistook the addresses (I lived in N. Syr at that time).

The second part about the car having been repainted purple is from Dad's memory. He sold the car in San Diego as the family began to grow, and only saw it once after (I think he said it was out on Catalina Island) and recalled that it had been repainted. This may or may not be true, it's just Dad's memory.

In addition to Cavallino #194, there are further descriptions of Dad's experiences with the car in FCA's Prancing Horse #125.

More recently (about a year or so ago), the car was at Copley Motorcars in Boston, where the asking price was in the $4M range - don't know what it finally sold for, or if it sold. It's scheduled to be in the RM Sotheby's Dec 10 auction.

Also note that many of the "period" color photos in this thread are Dad's. The woman at the passenger door in one of them is my Mom. I'll go back and note which photo's these are.

Finally, attached are two photos of Dad with the car. First, when he owned the car in 1958, and second (same pose, 51 years later!) when he got to see the car at Tom Shaughnessy's shop in 2009. Third photo is one of my faves - taken by my Dad's good friend (now deceased), Ted Edmunds.

Thanks,

George P. (the younger, but not "Jr.".... ;) )
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Aardy and Anton van L like this.
  2. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    The first 5 color photos in El Wayne's original post (post #10) are from my Dad's ownership of the car, from 1958 to 1960. The fifth photo shows my Mom at the passenger door.

George P.