VIN 60359 is home! | FerrariChat

VIN 60359 is home!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Britward, Mar 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Britward

Britward Karting

Sep 8, 2021
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob Ward
    Very happy indeed to report that VIN 60359 is home, making some new friends in the garage!

I first reported my humble custodianship last September followed by its almost immediate need for a cylinder head gasket, and now some 6 months and a head gasket/valves/starter motor/a/c pump/powder-coating later, The Lady is back on the road and turning heads!

1986, 30,000 miles, original paint in fabulous condition, and MANUAL!

And forgive me for saying so, but having a manual transmission in this car is just brilliant (now that I've conquered selecting reverse without the swearing!) After all the work I now have pretty high confidence in the engine, and wringing it out up towards 6500rpm is spine tingling. Sounds like the 1960's. Smells like it, too though.

I got lucky with the license plate.

The car now lives just south of San Francisco, pictures will be forthcoming but for now a few basic ones from its first few days amongst the family.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Congrats

I would love to know why the 412's came with natural intake cam covers.

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    And only two of the four!