Vintage Guitars | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Vintage Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by thecarreaper, Dec 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    it looks more like what was it!

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

The thing that should not be. :p:p

3. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    love the BC Rich bass.. what year? Neck through or bolt on?

I used to work at BC Rich.... will have to dig up those pics. Crappy place to work (at the time), but every now and again some good axes came out of the custom shop.

lunch time jam sessions were a who's who of the L.A. rock scene... ahhh, good times, good times...

4. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C

That was a 1981 serial number neck thru short horn made in 1980. Absolute mint. I had an 82 Serial Number neck thru short horn from early 1981 that was a stained tobacco burst type body. Gorgeous. I came across an early 80's Eagle Bass and I didnt jump on it when I should have.

If you used to work at BC Rich, maybe you can help me out. For one year, 1992, they made a Punisher bass. I have a bolt on and never knew they made a neck thru until today someone emailed me a picture. Any idea how many of each they made?

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #130 robertgarven, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am not sure what it was Ill ask Greg, it was one of the guitars we would break at the end of our concerts, back when that was in style. I remember it being an egg shaped Japanese guitar of some kind. You guys have some neat stuff. I wish I was still in a band.... but Id rather have the Ferrari any day, and I could not have both!!!

Here is a rare ampeg fretless circa 1972 whene we first started
    and another from around 1975
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    cool pics !

i have yet to play an SG.... i bet they are sweet ....

7. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    hmm, dunno, that was after my time there. I was there in the late 80's

I can make few calls though.

8. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    What year is the Kramer? 1984? Great axe.........

9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

I love the Gibson Earndhart axe!!! :):):) Carbon fibre top. How does bad boy sound??

10. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Yeah.. 1984 Banana Headstock Baretta ala Eddie Van Halen. Interesting story behind that guitar. I found it sitting in a local shop. They couldnt GIVE IT away. The pot was changed, but they still had the original one in the original Kramer case. I picked it up for a few hundred bucks. Low and behold, that is the fastest guitar Ive ever sold. I listed it on the bay and it was gone within 18 minutes for $958.00. The guy that bought it is a collector as well. HE sold it 3 weeks later for $1400.00. For a single pickup, Kramer Baretta. Go figure!

I just sold it to a Dale Earnhardt Collector on the West Coast. Honestly, I never played it. Total collector piece. Artwork was metallic and looks so much better in person. Signature inlay was gorgeous.

The last guitar on that last set is an old ESP Jeff Hanneman with Kahler bridge. Thats one of the most amazing heavy metal guitars ive ever plugged in. I like it better then the KH2, KH3 and KH4. Still trying to track down a reasonably priced KH-1. They pop up in Japan for insane amounts of money.

If there are any Kiss Army Soliders out there, im listing a bunch of KISS Guitars and Basses this week, just in time for the Holidays.

1992 BC Rich Punisher Bass (Made for only one year)

Gene Simmons' Personally Owned/Played AXE Bass

3 Ace Frehley Signature Series; Cherry Burst, Trans-Black, Blue Flame. All with cases, all loaded with 3 DiMarzios. Lightning Bolt inlays, Ace's picture on the headstock. Going to list them as a set of 3 on Ebay and see what comes of it. Love having fun w/ auctions.

I just picked up a bunch of Gibson Gothics: 2 SG's, 1 Explorer and 1 Studio. I have 6 Gothics all together but won't part with 2 of them.

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Your guitar collection is AWESOME!!! What is so good about the Slayer axe over a KH model? They are both very very similar. The KH4 has the pearl pick gaurd on it, yes? What is the KH1?? I dont think ive ever heard of that one? Was it the 1st of the KH models, with the reversve headstock?? :)

12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Love the Ace LP guitars too. :) Too many guitars............not enough money for poor old pap to buy them all. :(:(

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    NOOOOOO! don't tell me that! I sold mine a handful of years ago for ~100 bucks! sheeeesh. Single pickup, original Floyd and it was a metallic red. Sheeesh. who woulda thought?!

14. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #140 EC308, Nov 28, 2006
  15. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    wow. Where and who is that?

16. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #142 EC308, Nov 28, 2006
  17. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #143 EC308, Nov 28, 2006
    I am selling the following guitars. The Godsmack Les Paul are Tony's main stage guitars and are also available for trade for vintage Marshall heads or cabinets. Guitars are fully documented and will come with all the proof you need. Custom is a one off and can be found on Gibson's website. Fender VibroKing also considered, cash also works as we have found a 20 watt marshall and a 1970 100sl head we have interest in. Other guitar is a 1957 LP Custom with added bigsby which was done years ago. This guitar belongs to Chad Taylor of the band Live who have sold over 25 million record with 18 top 10 singles. Guitar has original case. $100k. If you want to see any of the guitars and are local, pm me and come on over.

18. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #144 robertgarven, Nov 28, 2006
  19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Holy crap!! Awesome!! :):)
    Who ARE you?? :):)

20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Very cool. So I am assuming you have something to do with Silvertide or Velvet Revolver? ;);)

21. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    holy crap that is cool! perhaps i need to send you the cash for a stock Les Paul and get it signed!!! :cool: wow!

22. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    nice! do you still have the t-shirt?

23. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    $100,000 for Chad Taylors modified '57 LP Custom? Damn. They sounds awful rich??!

Its the white one thats worth the $$. White with the Banana, not the pointy/razor headstock. ??! GO FIGURE.

---

SideNote: Saw VR in Vegas last December at the Maxim Magazine private after party at Hard Rock's Body English night club. AMAZING set.

24. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    #150 Sea Bass, Dec 8, 2006
    Ok, time to bump this thread up again.

A friend is going to sell me his 1996 Gibson SG Standard for $500. All stickers have been removed, but there is still some residue from the '45' sticker. A little Naptha and guitar polish will get it out though, I'm sure. Shows regular wear, nothing too bad...not in showroom condition though. Although that's not a big deal to me.

It's in need of a professional setup, a little buzzing because the action is too low. But that's no big deal. One of the silver caps on the volume knob fell off (oh well I can replace that).

Anyway, would y'all say that's a fair deal? I'm not looking for a steal from this guy. He's a friend, means well, has had a lot of bad stuff go down in his life this year.