Vintage Heater Hose - 58 era (Ellena) | FerrariChat

Vintage Heater Hose - 58 era (Ellena)

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    As I'm working thru the assembly on the Ellena, I was wondering what is the correct heater core to engine hose to use? Not sure i have seen an original one ever for this era.

IS there a style, ribbed, cloth covered, texture etc that i need to be looking for OR if you know
    where i should go look, please let me know. I will need to lay in 2 heater lines going under the dash, thru the firewall, along the driver inner fender and to the coolant pipes.

Appreciate the advise as usual.

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Sorry I can't advise on your Ellena, but just for general reference, it appears that during 365GTB/4 (Daytona) production at least 3 brands/styles of heater hose were used and none of the commonly/currently available styles I've seen are exactly "correct". :rolleyes:

Good luck with your search. ;)

3. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #3 John Vardanian, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Ed, they are supposed to be the wrapped type. Wrapped hoses are still being made. You may not find the exact period Pirelli look but you will find wrapped hoses from speed shops or on line. You'll just need to wipe away the lettering with lacquer thinner and apply the Pirelli stickers.

Seems to me the period wrapped heater hoses were lumpier as compared to today's hoses which have a smoother surface.

john

4. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    john so you believe the same style wrapped cloth hose like we use not the 330 cars?

i believe that newco sells this type (as well as other suppliers) - this type?

5. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Ed, they are pretty common. This is where I got mine.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fcn0815

Word of caution, don't use too much force on the heater core outlet tubes. They are barely soldered on. Warm up the hose ends in hot water and use soap for lubrication.

john

6. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Angst-Pfister has a good selection of wrapped heater hoses though they don't have a outlet in the US.