Vintage(ish) aviation videos | FerrariChat

Vintage(ish) aviation videos

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by GrigioGuy, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  2. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I just finished watching the 777 First Flight and I am still a bit choked up. Seeing so many people with whom and for whom I worked was a bit emotional . it would be a bit crass to name all of them but seeing Ron Ostrowski, Rocky Thomas, Granny Frazier, and Mulally just got to me. I was in some of the meetings shown but I couldn't find me in the short time it was displayed. So many old friends appeared! I worked in the Configurations And Engineering Analysis Group where we integrated the airplane design, putting it all together externally and internally and so many people in the 777 main projects were on the 767 program and and I worked with them there. I saw the first 777 flight and it was the 8th first flight for me including the B-52. Thanks so much for posting this documentary. I'll have some pleasant thoughts as I drift off to sleep tonight. I have to say that this genre is still with the Boeing Company so don't sell it short.

tritone, Jacob Potts and Tcar like this.
  3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I guess you could say that I worked with Bob on both the 767 and 777.....and didn't know it until this forum, years later!:D

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Yeah, Jim. While working for the same guy we were probably two or three drafting boards away from each other. Now it would be a cubicle and a computer away from each other. Good stuff then 42 years ago for the 767, only 32 years for the 777! Looking at videos of the 777 I still can't believe that the ugly crown curve aft of the cab worked air flow better than the nice conic that we came up with after week's worth of work.