For Sale - Vintage Rare Serengeti sunglasses drivers 5303 R. | FerrariChat

For Sale Vintage Rare Serengeti sunglasses drivers 5303 R.

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by robertgarven, Oct 15, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Vintage Rare Serengeti sunglasses drivers 5303 R. NOS NLA

This is from my private collection, never worn, as new with tags just missing the paper box . These are very rare with the rose colored dual mirrored corning lenses. Great for driving the Ferrari. I have one pair in each car! Frame made in Japan. Any specks or what looks like scratches are just dust in the photos, these are perfect.

Any any questions, or request any specific pictures. I am thinning down my collection

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

desmomini likes this.
  2. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    $500 plus $15 Priority Mail shipping in US outside US enquire

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I used to wear Serengeti's. Loved 'em. Even started getting prescription lenses put in when I started needing them. Last pair got stolen off my desk. Not surprised they're worth a bit of money now!!

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Robert, do these come with two sets if lenses? The second picture shows the glasses in the case and the lenses appear to be transparent rose colored. In the fifth picture the lenses are fully mirror reflective. Thanks.

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Jack, no that is an optical illusion the lenses are rose-colored which is my favorite, they make Ferrari red pop out and I've always been the sunglasses that I prefer over any other. The fronts have a dual mirror at the top and the bottom to reflect sunlight up and down. I think it came from skiing technology because the suns usually up in the sky, but reflects back off the ground, but they are very cool and super rare. I have several, and one in each one of my Ferraris. I'm just running out of room and I'm trying to raise money to subsidize my other interest and Ferrari parts.

Serengeti switched over to a colored lens called Sedona which wasn't bad but not as cool as original rose. I have always been a fan of aviator glasses because they were designed for maximum protection against the sun for pilots. The design was not for style but for function.

My favorite of all time was made by a company called Suncloud and they had the same dual mirror but advertised they used real gold to make the rose colored lens. I'm not sure if that was true but they bragged at one point that they made the helmet screens for the NASA astronauts. I actually have a small head and they made two sizes this size is a little bigger and on my headwalls to big, that said I've seen vintage ads for this model on women. Plus it provides even more protection.

These measure 5.75 from temple to temple

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I went through 3 or 4 pairs of those back in the day. Great glasses.

7. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Someone needs these so I can get more Ferrari parts!

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    GLWS!

I once had some RayBans "mirrored" this way, top and also bottom, leaving just a vision field in some very dark green lenses.
    Highly effective in snow I still have them decades later.