VinylWerkz in Ft. Lauderdale: WARNING | FerrariChat

VinylWerkz in Ft. Lauderdale: WARNING

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RedNeck, Mar 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Just wanted to wanted to give a quick warning to anyone looking to have their car/boat wrapped or anything. The owner of this shop, Alex, sold me a Hamann spoiler, for an admittedly excellent price, and charged me $90 for shipping it to GA, which is fair. I paid him through his business address. I checked out the business before sending the $$ and everything seemed legit, but he was supposed to ship it 2 weeks ago, and still has not, he has sent me a number of excuses, and now I'm having to deal with a paypal claim (I did send $ using "good and services"). It's not much $, but the guy is an absolutely irresponsible idiot that is trying to paint me to be the bad guy because he "can't find the time" to ship the item I bought. Just a warning to steer clear of this place.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Perhaps a more objective narrative would help. I would suggest avoiding name calling despite what seems like a frustrating and unfruitful experience. Just a suggestion.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thanks for your suggestion. When a guy suggests that he has a right to keep your money without providing the item that he promised to sell because of the price of the car you drive, I think it qualifies. Maybe get a few more posts under your belt here.

LARRYH likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Perhaps more info. Slander and name calling don’t go well in a public forum. Sorry I only have a few posts because Tapatalk wouldn’t take my older account. Maybe your attitude is showing.

Perhaps that attitude got you the reaction and service from VinylWerkz you described. Please feel free to slander me next. I’ve been here for fifteen years. Whether this account shows it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It's not slander if someone steals money from you and you tell people that they stole money from you. I have been completely professional with these people, yet even if I was not, that is not a no excuse to scam someone out of their hard earned money. Nobody is impressed with someone's tenure on an internet message forum, so get off your high horse. Good lord.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #6 ScottS, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    No one should take the money for a purchase and not fulfill it. I am not suggesting that is appropriate or ethical. However there are several sides to all stories. So one may want to be careful how they phrase their side of that story in a public forum. You were not clear on the entire story on your first post.
    Many others have made unilateral assertions that the business ultimately refute or disputed their version. Simply telling your story without names is sufficient for others to be warned.

FYI
    slan·der
    ˈslandər/Submit
    nounLAW
    the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
    "he is suing the TV network for slander"
    verb
    make false and damaging statements about (someone).
    "they were accused of slandering the head of state"
    synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; More

If you called him a thief for taking your money it would be congruent. An idiot is different. It’s is slander when you make accusations that only on questioning you present the story. So from your posts I surmise:

You ordered a spoiler and did not receive it. You communicated clearly and politely to please fulfill his commitment to you having fulfilled your financial obligation through PayPal. He still has not sent the item.
    Others should beware.
    You are frustrated and feel cheated and want others to beware.

Is that an accurate summary ?

Good luck with the fulfillment of your order. Hopefully PayPal will make you whole.

Seems like the high horse started with you admonishing one to “Maybe get a few more posts under your belt here .”
    Which btw is not a sentence nor does typing and hitting enter a number of times prove anything. You asserted that your prolific posts gave you some sort of standing that others with less posts did not. I’ve been here before you and will be here after you move on.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    #7 RedNeck, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Being immediately admonished for trying to save others from headaches and losing money. What is wrong here?

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    seems like everyone is being pretty tough on Matt here .. I hope you get the product and the message is heard by me..

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thanks man, unfortunately had to escalate the Paypal claim because he didn't respond to my last text today. The owner's name is Alex Botelho.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    That sucks. As long as you didn't "gift it", paypal should get your money back. Ive dealt with some shady sellers, usually the crappy part is when the item is rare, so you still want it, but they are dragging their feet makes it pretty frustrating.

As for why some of these "warning" threads turn south... I think some people have seen posts where there really are two sides to the story, so they assume ~all~ post like this have two sides,(which is not always correct obviously). Or some people just like to argue on the net.

11. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thanks for the warning! I will tell the local Ferrari club (FCA Ft. Lauderdale Chapter)

gsfent and RedNeck like this.
  12. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Libs.lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RedNeck likes this.
  13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Can't say it' rare but I was getting it for about half of the market value. I guess the guy figured that gave him the right to keep saying "tomorrow" for going on 3 weeks now. I' be happy to post our entire text convos, it would be pretty difficult to justify his position. In my experience, when someone constantly stalls and makes excuses, you kiss your $ goodbye. They are counting on you giving up. Exact situation (for way less $) that @Eric C posted a thread about.

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Just FYI, the guy was selling it to me for 250 shipped. Apparently he decided that he did not want to sell it at that price anymore and relisted after we had already made the deal

16. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I guess Alex saw your "slander" and non-objective "narrative" here and decided to keep your money in retribution.....:rolleyes: /sarc

I don't know how Craigslist works but I would consider reporting him for possibly selling stolen goods since you already paid for the item.

RedNeck likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are probably better off. This spoiler is ugly

ScottS likes this.
  18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Well, I finally got a refund from the seller, posting some (now deleted) negative reviews of his business (honest, same as here) on Yelp and Google got his attention. It sucks because unfortunately the refund was way less than the spoiler is worth and my time is worth more to me than pursue for full value. Oh well, over and done I guess. I actually like the spoiler, but not worth the trouble and I would never pay the ridiculous full price for one. I'd still be leary of doing business with this place after my experience with the owner.