Viper afterlife | FerrariChat

Viper afterlife

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by msdesignltd, Apr 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting that a Re-bodied viper is relatively successful.
    But then fiisker the artist and maximum bob are involved.

There was some rumor that the viper program could be bought by third parties and stay in production. Analogous to an American Morgan.

Personally I always thought that as the v10 was essentially a 360 v8 with two extra cylinders they should have added two more for. 750 hp pushrods v12, that would have been a USP.

Meanwhile where are these guys going to keep getting vipers to re body.

2. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    As I understand it, Vipers will be made in 2017 then stop. The performance of the Viper with 640 hp has been eclipsed by the Hellcat with 707hp and now the Demon with 800hp. I think the Viper is a more aggressive looking car but it feels slow compared to the Hellcat. In a recent press release it was stated that only 300 Demons would be sold in the USA.
    That normally means very expensive. We will see.

best

Lee

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ultimately what killed the viper is just that. When it came out if was THE performance king. Utterly compromised. Uncomfortable. A complete brute but so much more powerful than everything else on offer. Now, the other exotics have even more power combined with all of finesse and creature comforts. Bugattis make literally 225% more power. The marketplace is what killed the viper. Hell, even the new Camaro makes more HP and is by all accounts basically a near flawless drivers car. We just live in a totally insane age of HP/ergonomic vehicle mix.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I thought it was 3,000 Demons for the US and 300 for Canada.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You're correct. Only offered for model year 2018 unless they extend.