Visiting Oahu this week | FerrariChat

Visiting Oahu this week

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by TacElf, Apr 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Spending a nice warm (compared to Seattle) spring break across the street from Waikiki beach. Really just saying "Hi" to the Hawaii F-Chat crowd.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Aloha! We just had our C&C this morning, but nothing exotic.

3. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Oh, that's too bad. Maybe next time I'm here on a Saturday we can work something out.

Already spent a day on the beach (properly shaded at mid-day, of course) and generally enjoying myself with the family. Had our first ever surfing lesson -- there's not much cause to surf in the Seattle area -- and my eight-year-old showed us parents how it was done. I'm going to give it another go later this week.

Really, just a bunch of self-directed outdoorsy stuff and a lot of relaxation with copious amounts of sun-block thrown in ;)

Tomorrow is some snorkeling in the early morning, and a drive counter-clockwise around this quarter of the island.

4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Sorry for the foggy weather. If your eyes are watery/itchy, scratchy throat or runny nose, just get some OTC allergy meds. The sulphur dioxide is causing those allergy type reactions. The vog is supposed to be here the entire week.

5. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    some suggestions from my experience, explore the whole Island;

on the western side for late afternoon to see a sunset from Kaena Point state park

on the North Shore, the classic Sunset Beach in the morning, use caution about going in the water if the surf is up iow stay on the beach.

a glass of fresh cold pineapple juice at the Dole plantation

on the eastern side there is Makapuu Beach park, check it out again caution with the kids

go inside Diamond Head and do the very steep climb to the top, the view is amazing

6. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Aloha and enjoy your stay!

7. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    A number of those are on my list. We're actually on east side heading north along the water. Just stopped at one of the local beach parks to picnic. Even the drive is gorgeous.

8. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just got home to chilly Seattle. Had a great time will definitely return to the islands: I feel more relaxed than I have in a long time.

Perhaps we can hook up at the C&C now that I know its on Saturdays -- it's all in the planning.

9. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Post ahead next time and look forward to meeting you at your next visit at C&C. Aloha!

10. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Enjoy! I cant wait to go back again.