Visiting Scottsdale and Lake Tahoe July 14th! | FerrariChat

Visiting Scottsdale and Lake Tahoe July 14th!

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Titanboy_24, Jul 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Hey guys,

I am going to be attending a conference with my mom (she is selling her artwork) in Scottsdale from July 14th-18th, and then we are going to be staying with friends in Lake Tahoe from the 18th-25th. I was just wondering if there are any dealerships or good places to spot exotics around those 2 areas? I have heard that there are many many good cars in the area, but are some places better to spot than others? Any info would be appriciated!

Thanks alot,

Lucas

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Try scottsdale Ferrari and Scottsdale Lotus. Also you might want to go take a look at the Penske Racing museum. As for spotting scottsdale is the place to do it there might even be some gathered at the Pavillions on Saturday evening.

3. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I go to Scottsdale a few times a year, here's what my adventures have taught me.

I wouldn't even bother going to Scottsdale Ferrari. Their inventory has never been anything too special, and they're the rudest Ferrari dealership I've ever been to (out of 10+).

Scottsdale Lotus... awesome. Nice cars and nice people. One of the owners (Tim) is a member on here. I think it was him I met once, super nice guy if it was. Anyways, definately worth a trip.

Scottsdale Motorsport/Scottsdale Lambo, awesome cars (the have an Enzo now!), nice people. Not that friendly, but atleast they let you look as much as you want.

Those are the only ones I've been to. Check a DuPont Registry for more. And keep an eye out on the street. I've never seen it too crazy, but there is some nice stuff to be seen.

Enjoy!

4. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
  5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I have heard this over and over again, and to be honset i dont understand everyones views.. Every time i go in there i am treated with the utmost respect and professionalism, and here are the facts:

1 I do not own a Ferrari
    2 They do not even know that i am eligiable for a the Penske Employee discounts. (I pay for every thing full pop)

I have seen others go in there that dont even have a clue about Ferrari's and are treated with lots of respect. I dont know what you are expecting from them when you go in there but i can tell you they are not going to bow over and blow you because you think that they should.

Being a former service manager i have seen way to many customers that demand the world and the get pissy when they cannot have there way. Every shop has procedures to deal with. if they rolled over and gave away product to every rude customer we would not need credit cards, car loans mortgages etc. everything would be free..

Just my 2 cents worth

6. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I'm not a snobby owner, as you may have expected. I'm basing my opinion on a relative scale, to how I have been treated in other high-end dealerships. Maybe they were having a bad day. When I'm down there (AZ), I'm up in Desert Mtn, so it's a long way to get there, especially when alot of the others are so close together. Anyways, I just don't find it worth the trip.

Lucas, if you are staying across the street, go ahead. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, it's not like there's a shortage of other places to look.

7. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Thanks alot for all the info guys! I am leaving on wednsday, so I am looking forward to seeing all the cars. I am going to go to all the main dealers that are really close together. I will take your advice and bypass Scottsdale Ferrari (unless its really close) living in Hamilton Ontario Canada, even seeing 1 Ferrari would be amazing for me! I have checked out the websites of all the dealers and one of them even has an Enzo:):)!! That should be really amazing. Does anyone know of any dealers or good places to spot cars in Lake Tahoe (Nevada)? I am going to be staying there from the 18th-25th, so hopefully I will see some ars there as well.

Thanks again for everything, I will post pics when I come back!

Lucas