For Sale - VITALONI MIRROR GLASS | FerrariChat

For Sale VITALONI MIRROR GLASS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by EZORED, Jan 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    A few years back I broke the Mirror Glass in my 308 gts. Rather than buy a new mirror, I had a copy of the orginal glass water jet cut to replace it. It was reasonable to have several extras made. Since then I sold the 308 so I have 2 pieces to sell. $75 each

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    How hard was it to take apart the housing?

3. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Its been awhile, but if I remember right, once you removed the mirror from the car, there were 2 tabs on the outer rim of the rim that you had to lever over the outer rim and the glass is released. If I remember right there is 1 piece of clear glass and then the mirror glass. Its a tight fit. I am not sure of the reason for the clear glass. I may have not reused the clear glass. Its been 5 years when I did this.

4. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    The clear glass is for dimming the mirror at night - the lever tilts the mirror, leaving the clear glass front to allow an attenuated reflection. I had to replace the clear glass front, which is very thin - I used polycarbonate and trimmed it by hand.