348 - Voith documentation | FerrariChat

348 Voith documentation

Discussion in '348/355' started by cardude442, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have reviewed videos shared with me, read some great posts here on the Voith, but I have not found what Andrew mentioned in his mad dog clutches video on re-greasing the voith a pictorial of how the bits go back in.

I took copious photos when I disassembled mine, and filled in some info by closely watching Andrew’s video.

Here is a dry assembly photo without the mid-plate just to verify and attempt to document it for myself.

Question for the team, does anything look wrong to you?

Looking to button up tomorrow and get ready for a possible drive to FofNE on Sunday.

Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Purely from memory, that looks good.

sjd

cardude442 likes this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    those 4 tabs on the bolts are an open question for me. not necissarily your pivture but i did notice in andrews video he put the tabs back in different than they came out if i remember. when i do mine in spring ill photograp the direction in the grease before removing i have a mential note foe that.

did you take pictures before removal?

4. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks - I do have pictures "in grease".

I am guessing you are referring to the 6 metal tabs that sit on the bolts that secure the voith to the flywheel?

I will post some of those shortly with 'markup'.

I am familiar that a previous person could have made an error and I didn't want to automatically assume that everything in my voith was 'correct'.

Much appreciate the review from you and Steve D!

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes, my bad, the 6 metal tabs that slide over the bolts I meant not 4.

6. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Great catch BTW - went back and re-watched the video again and Andrew re-assembles with those 6 metal tabs in two different directions. The bottom tabs in his video (first in) are 'fat side to the right', and the top tabs he sticks in on top of the finished grease are 'fat side to the left' with the perspective of looking at the tab in the 12:00 position.

Another way to say it would be if you were looking at this spinning clockwise, the bottom tabs in the video were 'fat side leading', and the top were installed 'fat side trailing'. Perspective is huge.

Reviewing my disassembly photos, I had both sets of tabs headed in the same direction.

I cannot say that mine hasn't been opened and serviced in the past. I have no records of that, so I definitely cannot say that my disassembly photos are 'authoritative' - but I am leading towards following my disassembly photos.

This is one of those times where I wish I took about 6x the photos than I did. : )

Here are some screen caps.

First image is the base plate from Andrew's video
    Second image is the top of the reassembly from Andrew's video
    Third image is my Voith with the cover removed - same perspective as Second image (Andrew's video)
    Fourth image is my Voith with the guts out (similar to base plate in Andrew's video).

I've read some of the other threads in here from years past - but haven't seen biblical documentation of the Voith. But in my teardown - the tabs point the same direction on top and bottom.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

7. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've also noticed that my brown plates are the opposite of how Andrew has installed his.

Hmmm....

8. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark