Voxson Stereo 8 Radio - Wiring Diagram Needed | FerrariChat

Voxson Stereo 8 Radio - Wiring Diagram Needed

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by DavidSB, Aug 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidSB

DavidSB Karting

Jan 11, 2008
    I have the center console out in my 1969 365 GTC and would like to sort out the maze of radio wires connecting the control head to the remote amplifier box to the speakers and power. There are a few splices and unconnected wires and what I believe is a power antenna relay in the trunk, although the car has a manual antenna.

The radio is a Voxson Stereo 8, AM/FM, 8 track unit with a black ink stamp on the remote amplifier box marked "GN 101, Ferrari". The radio works (haven't tried the 8-track and probably won't to avoid a tape jam) and believe it is all original. I'm not interested in upgrading the radio guts as I what to keep it original, but just sorting out the wiring.

I'd appreciate any help in finding a schematic or installation wiring diagram.
    Thanks.
    David

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I have a working Voxson 8-track in my Boxer which was installed by the Ferrari factory back in the day. I have no documentation with it though and the car is in another country so can't take pics for you, certainly not for the next couple of months.

But it made me think - it would probably help other people answer your question if you could take detailed photographs of your Voxson, because I have no idea if your one is the same. Likely it is not, as mine is from 1974. So I would post some pics of front and rear and perhaps there's someone out there able to help.

Good luck!

Onno

3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #3 swift53, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    I had someone do a PPI once, and it came back that the VOXSON 8track did not work.

Later, when taking off the door panels, it did not have any speakers, or for that matter, wires going through the door. That, could be a reason....

I would like to see a diagram also.

Regards, Alberto

4. DavidSB

DavidSB Karting

Jan 11, 2008
    I found a company that may have the diagrams but they need a model number. I looked all over the both the head and amplifier units and can't find any numbers. Anyone know the model number for the Voxson Stereo 8?
    Regards,
    David

5. ozmike

ozmike Rookie

May 29, 2010
    Australia
    Hi David,
    If you haven't found a wiring diagram for your Voxon Stereo 8 please PM me. I have a copy of the technical manual for the Voxon GN103 and GN104 as fitted to my 69 Daytona. It is 32 pages and very comprehensive.
    Mike.

6. Scuderia Smith Motorsports

May 30, 2011
    Prosper, TX
    Full Name:
    Cody Smith
    I am certain I have the wiring diagrams as I have packages of original docs. Send me a PM if you still need help and I can scan one for you.

Andrew McCrae likes this.
  7. br1zapp

br1zapp Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi, searching a Voxson electric antenna on the web I found you...I have many schematics and technical bulletins of all 8-track Voxson GN series and I am always looking for additional material.
    I am a private and may help for pure pleasure.
    I normally repair these units being able to solve all but electronics problems!
    I would like to know what you have available for Voxson Sonar GN 1008...I only have the schematic, no manuals at all!
    Cheers for now
    ing. Bruno Zappaterra
    Ferrara
    Italy

8. br1zapp

br1zapp Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    #8 br1zapp, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi David, did you solve your problem?
    Otherwise I may help you, I have many Voxson sets (the model in the attachment should be yours, it's the Sonar GN104 SR, 1967)) at home, know them all very well and have schematics too.
    They will not solve the problem...as there is no color coding on each wire but...knowing what colors are R & L channel ,power etc. I may help you.
    If I'll get a photo or 2 or the bunch of wires I will understand and help you better.
    Cheers for now.
    ing. Bruno Zappaterra
    Ferrara
    Italy

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. DavidSB

DavidSB Karting

Jan 11, 2008
    Hi Bruno,
    A kind F-chatter sent me a copy of the installation and repair manual including schematics. Please PM me if you would like me to sent you a copy of my copy.
    Ciao,
    David

10. br1zapp

br1zapp Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi David many thanks for your kindness.
    Generally I look for all concerning these units ....ads, technical bulletins, etc. and so up to now I have not yet found these things:
    - more that the schematic for GN1008, the last model (1976) made by Voxson...maybe
    people involved with repairs had already grown enough about Voxson technologies and
    repair nightmares....!
    - the first technical bulletin 680, concerning GN 108 (1973)...just to see the differences
    about detouching/disassembling the pre-amplifier to replace a faulty on-off push switch
    - the service tape cartridges made by RCA and others to test and tune the crosstalk,
    balancing the channels etc....even a copy tape would do...I have a few empty cartidges!

Always at your disposal...and all my sincere wishes for next Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

11. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  12. GreggG

GreggG Karting

Jul 14, 2008
    New Jersey
    Ryan, you have a pm. Thanks.

13. powercom

powercom Rookie

May 13, 2015
    Hi There, I'm also chasing a service manual / schematic diagram for the voxson GN104, 8 track /radio, has any one got one that they could send me a copy Please. :) MArk

14. Andrew McCrae

Andrew McCrae Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    My Dino has this 104 that basically just plugs a hole! I'd love to get a manual or schematics if anyone has a link please.

15. Aus325

Aus325 Rookie

Sep 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Glen Lambert
    Just found this old thread regarding Technical manuals and Schematics for the Voxon GN104. I recently acquired a GN104 in non working condition and could really use a copy of the elusive schematic if it's still available. Many thanks Glen

16. Rebelrobdino

Rebelrobdino Rookie

Oct 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Robert mann
    Hi Mike
    I hope you can help I’m in the same boat as David only a few years on. ive got a voxson gn108 fms 8 track unit and need a wiring diagram if you’ve still got the information any chance of a copy please.
    Regards
    Rob