VR tuned OBDII port auto flash F430 | FerrariChat

VR tuned OBDII port auto flash F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Temuri, Aug 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my experience with VR auto flash tune. Almost three years I was searching for the solution to make f430 gearbox shift faster. Many researches were done, many technical attempts were made but I could not get the result I wanted have. A month ago I was searching some more information about f430 gearbox and found OBDII port auto flash. Website information about this item was very interesting for me. It's said that this auto flash gives 50% faster gearshift, noticeable torque increase and some more hp. Frankly speaking I could not believe in that. Information I got during these three years of research showed that it is almost impossible to make f430 gearbox shift faster. It is almost no room to improve it. Despite all, I decided to go with this auto flash and invest some more money to get some result. After few weeks from the order was placed I received this item. I live overseas that is why it took little long.
    So, i flashed my car and frankly speaking I was little disappointed , because I could not feel 50% faster gearshifting. I think you agree with me that 50% is quiet big and noticeable improvement . It means that 150 msec should become 75 msec, which is very close to scuderias gearshift (60msec). I used to ride on my friends scuderia I did noticed how fast scud shifts.
    All rides on my f430 were done in the city in normal ride conditions. I mean that I was not pushing hard. On another hand I felt noticeable torque improvement. The car became very sharp on throttle. It looked like I got a new car. And I really liked it very much. I felt much torque starting from 2,5-3000 rpm and going smoothly till the end. I could not reach high speeds to feel this changes on 4th , 5th and 6 gears because of the traffic. Torque and sharpness were on the car already, which made me very happy, but I was disappointed with the gearbox -it was the same. On another day I took a ride on a highway, I was pushing hard with full throttle and what a surprise I got. God, the gearbox really started shifting faster. I could not believe in that and tried some more hard pushing sessions. Yes, it felt that the gearbox shifts faster. I had no even small pauses in sifting as was before. In any case I could not believe in myself, I thought I'm mistaking and I went to my tech guy who works at Ferrari already 8 years. He took few hard session rides and was amazed with the car. He confirmed that the car became sharp on throttle with noticeable torque gain and faster gear shifts with full throttle. He also did not notice any changes of quicker gear shifts in normal driving modes, but when you push the car and have have full throttle he also felt faster shifts. You can't imagine How happy I am with this changes now. Three years of research is almost satisfied. Of course you cannot compare it with scuderia, but also you cannot compare flashed car with the stock car. Big and noticeable changes. That's it . This is my one more small but very interesting expirance in Ferrari world.
    Excuse me for my mistakes
    Cheers!

2. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Who does this flash? And what's the cost?

3. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
  4. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    What the approx hp and tq increase with this tune?

5. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thank you for your feedback Temuri. I do apologize for the miscommunication had between you and Jacky regarding the shifting improvement, but I am very glad to hear that you are pleased with the purchase now that you've made it through the adaptation period.

For those that are interested, I have special pricing available for Ferrarichat members on these items.

Regarding HP/TQ increase, we have yet to perform dyno testing on this product, as it is a simple OBDII flash that uploads bits of code to the ECU's and TCU to improve response, shifting performance, and gains in power. Based on client feedback, and other similar flashes we over for other marques, I would guesstimate the gains to be in the 15hp/10tq range, but they could be higher pending the fueling being used and other modifications on the car.

-James

6. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I would like to know if it really makes the shifts quicker and cleaner...any testing to prove if it does? Please get back to me

7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Temuri's post confirms it does. The confusion/miscommuncation found during Temuri's purchase is the fact our website has a generic posting listed that indicates improvements of up to 50% are possible. This primarily refers to standard automatic transmissions or similar. Due to how fast the F430 F1 shifts, it's not realistic for the times to be improved by 50%. However, the representative here that assisted Temuri in his order was confused/misinformed and made the statement that the 50% improvement listed on our website is applicable to the F430.

All that being said, if you read Temuri's review in full, you can see that he is quite pleased and has seen noticeable improvements in power delivery and shifting speed. His technician has also experienced this and was quite impressed.

-James

8. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I might be interested in buying it

9. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    You've got PM!

-James

10. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Did you follow up with this customer to find out if his experience changed for the better with time?
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/494463-vr-tuned-obdii-port-tune-auto-flash-review.html

11. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    I forgot to write that my car has full capristo exhaust system and it might also be that I felt these noticeable changes in combination with the capristo system. This is my understanding. This auto flash really gave a feeling of gaining higher torque in middle range. Last year I have done some dynotest test with full capristo and the car showed 518 Nm at 4300 rpm. higher torque was already available on lower rpm's compare to stock. But after flashing I felt that torque is available even lower. And according to my personal and technician feelings it goes smothly till the end. I don't know how many hp and Nm where gained as dynotest should be done. As I wrote above, last year I made some dynotest and I will try to make a new dynotest test to check all these changes. No again about shifting: there is no 50% time improvement in shifting. Absolutely not, otherwise you feel it without doubt, but on a full throttle , when you push the car hard you feel it shifts faster. At list I felt it on my car, because previously I had noticeable pauses during shifting especially from 3 to 4 and up.

12. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
  13. heps

heps Karting

Mar 26, 2006
    REGINA SK
    Full Name:
    Lucas H
    Do the quicker shifts cause extra wear on the components?

14. Ferrariformula1

Ferrariformula1 Karting

Jul 10, 2015
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i just ordered capristo brackets from vivid. i am intereseted in this flash. how much is fc price? can you pm me price

15. Ferrariformula1

Ferrariformula1 Karting

Jul 10, 2015
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just ordered VR flash from James at Vivid racing. I'll post results from my car.

16. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Is it reflashing the TCU as well? How does it alter the shift speeds if it's just flashing the ECU? As far as I know, the TCU controls that.

17. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver

How is that a "miscommuncation" when your website clearly stated then - and STILL DOES NOW - 50% improvement in shift times?

That sounds more like a cheap excuse for your intentionally overstated claim.

Are we now led to believe that all of Vivid's claims are "generic postings" which have no bases in the real world?

I don't know about other buyers, but that makes me never want to order a product from Vivid again.

18. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    No additional wear and tear. Further details from our website:

"What is the TCU Tuning Tool?

The all new TCU Tool is a remarkable new plug n play OBD tool that unlocks manufacturer’s transmission settings within the vehicles control modules to give better gear change and release torque.

The tool was developed with two basic consumer requirements.

The need to improve and optimise the gear shift speeds and modify torque settings in the modern automatic gearing systems to improve the overall driving experience.
    The need to create a simple to use Plug n Play OBD solution to bypass Anti-Tune technology (locked ECU’s) imposed by ECU manufacturers, eliminating the need to remove/split/solder the ECU which can invalidate the vehicles warranty.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

Due to the delicate nature surrounding our research and development we can’t give away all of our secrets but short the TCU Flash Tool integrates with the communications network through ECU, TCU and Convenience modules to alter the strategy addresses hidden within the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) devices to “point” or “re address” these strategies to the most optimal setting.

Eg. In simple terms, address 4 may be faster than address setting 8. So we realign the pointer to the new address

This includes changing the transmission shift speed pointer to a faster/different setting. The internal components that make up the mechanics of the transmission have a wide range of tolerance and multiple settings allowing manufacturers in most cases to use single components across a whole range of vehicles, from a VW golf to a Lamborghini Aventador. They all contain similar if not the same generation components, usually built in the same factory, but have model specific programs that are used for their specific application.

The limits of torque are also set in various systems and control modules within the vehicle; again this is set by the manufacturer and is an easy way to electronically limit power in certain models of vehicles allowing the manufacturer to release many different power variants with different driving characteristics with only a single engine. This is a much more cost effective way of creating a vehicle range without the need to manufacture multiple engines at different power levels.

Eg VW 2.0 TDi engine available as 100bhp/102bhp/140bhp/143bhp/170bhp/184bhp all use the same or similar block

By simply unlocking and changing the torque settings to the various other factory settings we can allow the vehicle to produce and deliver power safely and still stay within the manufacturers specified limits. This style of ‘derestricting’ ensures that key settings such as clamping force, slip, torque limits, shift speeds etc. all remain within not only manufacturers spec, but also component spec, thus never exceeding safety of shortening component life.

Thank you for your business! We greatly appreciate it!

This particular flash uploads code to both the TCU and the ECU via the OBDII port.

To confirm, we offer this type of flash unit for well over 200 vehicles. Each unit is unique to the vehicle it is used for and has been developed closely with our tuning partners. That said, the only way to give a precise amount of improvement is to rent a track, perform controlled base ET's, flash each vehicle, perform delta ET's, and extrapolate the improvements. That simply isn't feasible.

If the VRTuned Port Auto Flash doesn't pique your interest, I do understand.

However, if you consider that we offer all the premium brands for Ferrari including Novitec, Capristo, HRE, Vorsteiner, Akrapovic, etc, the fact we've been in business for nearly 15 years now and are by no means a fly by night shop, and the fact that we utilize these same tuning products on our own vehicles which currently include a Mclaren MP4-12C, a Gen V Viper, a Mercedes CLA45 AMG, and my personal 2013 M5, hopefully your concerns can be put to rest.

That said, if I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me via PM, email, or phone.

-James