Wallet-opening colors for 308/328 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Wallet-opening colors for 308/328

Discussion in '308/328' started by Bullfighter, Jun 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #76 sammyb, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I hope that one day (around the time that 360 or 430 Spider values fall) someone feels they'd pay more for Blu Medio on a 328... Because if they want one of the six ever made, chances are they'll have to buy mine. Until then, Blu Medio is staying with me!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Blu Medio.....hmmmmm....that may be what I have, "hiding under the red" on #20405.

I have the original Code sticker in the trunk, I'll have them shoot a little of it.

It's definately a blue, but not the light blue of my Azzuro Dino Metallica, nor the brighter blues of JTranfield or Bigodino I have seen posted here.....Thanks!

3. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    #78 Neonzapper, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    I've seen some fantastic colors for Ferraris other than red, but I wouldn't want any other color on a Ferrari for my own car. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate a great looking color on one, which I do.

4. 8KRedRacer

8KRedRacer Karting

Jun 7, 2007
    Georgetown, KY USA
    Full Name:
    Alan Bennett
    +1

5. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    that's the one, thanks!

I like that a lot - adds just the right amount of 'flair' to an otherwise subdued (but classy) interior.

Have to call GAHH and ask if their "wilton" kit comes with the door panel lower pieces as well
    http://www.gahh.com/store.php?cPath=38_3407_124_941&products_family_id=2

cheers
    Kurt

6. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rare colors fall into one of two categories:

1. The color was out of favor at the time. Yellow is a prime example. It was pretty common in the late 70's but by mid 80's very few were made, at least for the US. It got popular again circa 1993-95. OTOH, white was more popular in the 80's than today.

2. Odd colors that most people don't like on Ferraris. Prime examples: green, light blue, gold, bronze, etc.

Dave

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yet I have seen two , in metallic green, one in the flesh at the Ferrari French Quarter Classic, and the one restored at great expense by a long term owner and Fchatter in Oz, and they look good!

9. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    +1

I know a guy that wants an original yellow 84 or 85 QV. I told him it seems very few were made in yellow in the mid 80s. The few yellow ones for sale are late 70s carbed cars, or an 83 QV thats been advertised for sale which has terrible mods to the interior for speakers (I think someone posted pix of it here last week).

Best regards,
    Dino

10. SCM

SCM Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    Richmond
    You make a good point, but even Ferrari seems to think that some of its cars look better, or at least as good, in something other than red or black. When the Scuderia was first shown, it was shown in Azzurro California. When the factory pictures of the new California were first released, it was shown in red, and it did not get a particularly warm reception from the non-Ferrari press. Ferrari quickly released new pictures of the California, this time in Azzurro California, and this time the reviews seem to have improved. By the way, just as there are a number of official Ferrari paint numbers for "Rosso Corsa," there are also multiple Ferrari numbers for Azzurro California, "FER 524," and "FER 505/C." "FER 505/C is the same paint used on my 1989 328 GTS (Gus's first 328), but there and then it was called "Azzurro Metallico" (see www.ferrari-collection.net/color/ferrari_colors.htm).

11. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm of the red/tan group, simply because the right car/right time/right price was available. It's Rossa Corsa, per profile pic.

At first, it shrieked "Midlife Crisis, as does the Tubi I added, but it's grown on me. Truly think red is appropriate 308/328 color.

All that being said, if I go for a 3x8 next time, it'll be a a carbed GTB, in a particular shade of yellow that's a couple notches below "bright" yellow. It's a Ferrari color, but I don't know the correct name for the exact shade.

12. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Anybody seen a 328 with anthracite grey body with a red interior?

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #88 GrigioGuy, Dec 9, 2009
  14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    #89 Steelton Keith, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    oh, man. I do not like that at all. is that vin an '86? that has to be on of the rarest combos. that has to look better in person, right?

15. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Don't know about that 328 but I do remember one of the FOC members in Los Angeles had a glass 308 (when the car was new) on that combination. It was a very nice combination. I do not recall what color the carpets were.

Jeff

16. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    #91 Bradley, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    I agree - and, ironically, I also have a red leather interior (but black carpets.) Think of it this way: Most men can look good in a red shirt. Few can look good in a red shirt and matching pants.

I think that there are two problems with this car (or at least these photos of it):

1. The interior is ALL red. Red leather seats with a black carpet look great, but this car is simply TOO MUCH.

2. Worst of all, the paint looks like it's a sort of rusty color. Maybe it isn't really, but with the reddish tint that the photo suggests, and the ALL crimson interior, well. . .

You said it. Oh, man!

17. gnbn

gnbn Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Earleville MD
    Full Name:
    George Noullet
    i have a nero metallica 328 with the tan interior.the metallic has no pop,no presence.will be doing bare metal respray this winter,red just seems right

18. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I've seen black with tan 328s that looked really good, but you can't go wrong with red and tan.

Please post before and after pics! :)

19. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    sammy is your interior blue?

20. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tillman (sorry I forgot the other "L" in my last post). Turns out the car I am looking at tomorrow is Grigio...not Anthracite (Thank God). The red interior is totally RED. Anybody have any info on VIN 60381...it's billed as an 86. Thanks in advance for your generosity, keith

21. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Now that would be something that I've never seen before: An all-blue interior in a Ferrari!

My grandfather did buy a Mercedes 450 SE in 1973 that had a medium-blue exterior and a matching blue interior. It later became my father's car.

A very nice car it was, actually, not nearly as bad as it might sound.

22. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #97 Wade, Dec 9, 2009
  23. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    IMO, the red that was used for interiors in the mid to late 80's is just way TOO red. I passed on a 328 GTB years ago that was silver/red. Silver works great on 328's and is also very rare but I could not abide the red interior. The darker reds used in the 70's and then 90's on up is far more attractive IMO.

DAve

24. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.

My version of Marrone Metallico (confirmed by Ferrari) is not listed there ......... :(

25. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.

One has come up on Ebay periodically. 308 (QV?) blue on blue.

TOOOO MUCH blue for me.