Walter Mitty Road Atlanta Ferrari Coral May-2-3-4: Plus Parade Laps | FerrariChat

Walter Mitty Road Atlanta Ferrari Coral May-2-3-4: Plus Parade Laps

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Apr 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Greetings:

1-Ferrari Corral at the Walter Mitty
    2-Historic Grand Prix
    3-Parade Laps up to 100 cars per day all club marques so sign up early
    4-Corral Parking open all three days
    5-Saturday the most active day of racing
    6-Tickets as you drive in
    7-No cost for Corral (from what I understand as of now as sponsored by Grass Roots Motorsports)
    8-Bring cooler and chairs
    9-SC folks meet at Coaches for drive up Saturday morning-time to be announced
    10-Go here for details http://www.roadatlanta.com/event_detail.lasso?-Token.eventfile=ev_mitty.lasso&-Token.id=3

I'v contacted Grass Roots Motorsports, and they indicate they will set up a Coral for Ferrari. I don't see why we should'nt have Masserati, Lamborghini and other exotics to fill out the grid. I am also informed we will have a good location on level ground, etc.

No fee other than tickets to enter that you will purchase at the gate as you drive in, but also no tent, food, etc. So...bring your chairs and cooler.

Anyone intersted in going, please chime in or email me to so we will have a head count, and perhaps the GA folks will meet up and drive to the event from FOA or some other location. The Grand Prix cars will be there, as well as many other very fast, loud, interesting cars that we still dream of when we sleep. Please view the video, and visit the site to see what this is about.

Saturday is the big day, but I think the Corral will be there all three days.

From a previous post....

Don't miss Historic Grand Prix Road Atlanta May 2-4 08: Video

For those of us who did not see these cars run, this is our chance. Check out the video-you need to stay through the music-that's when the real music begins about half way through.

http://www.historicgrandprix.com/video.htm

Event Info - Historic F1 Cars to Compete at the Mitty

The North American based Historic Grand Prix group will make its first appearance at the 'Mitty SpeedFest' at Road Atlanta (May 1-4, 2008).

Expected are more than 30 3.0 litre F1 cars from 1966 - 1983' representing a pinnacle period of F1 racing around the world. Additionally, Bob Varsha, Speed Channel's current F1 announcer, will be on hand to call the F1 events throughout the weekend.

Please visit the HGP website for further information on the Historic Grand Prix cars at: www.historicgrandprix.com.
    Attached Images
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    I will be there Fri, Sat and Sun.
    SOUNDS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I propose a gathering at my house in Buckhead after the Mitty... any takers... snack menu... maybe Vince brings some wine??? I'll do soem fun food... maybe @ $5.00 a head to cover some of the misc cost...Any takers?

I live close to 75 and Howell Mill road... so its all highway in and out of Atlanta... need to know a firm count by next Wed.... all are welcome!!!

4. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I should be at the Mitty both Sat. & Sun.
    Tom, I'm in for the $5 and whatever I bring to cook........ steak probably. What day are you thinking about?
    W

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Just got an email from Tim at Grass Roots Motorsports (his answers are in all caps), and here is the deal:

1-I am not sure how many cars we will have. I am shooting for 15-20 (ever so optimistic) and we will invite other exotics in like Lamborghini and Maserati.

GREAT NEWS. THE MORE THE MERRIER.

2-Is there any hospitality we can participate in for a fee, or is it vendor village?

WE HAVE A HUGE HOSPITALITY TENT ALL WEEKEND AND WE HAVE A FREE BEER PARTY, SLOT CAR COMPETITION AND DART TOURNAMENT SATURDAY NIGHT.

3-Any service to set up a tent and some chairs?

AS THE ATTACHED FLYER SHOWS, YOU CAN SET UP A TENT ON YOUR OWN THROUGH REECE, OR IF YOU GET 30 CARS WE PAY FOR THE TENT.

4-Can we get an electronic from to fill out for parade laps, or should we complete these at the big tent when we arrive? I remember what you said about first come first serve.

WE NEED YOU TO COME TO OUR TENT, BUT IT IS ONLY 100 FEET FROM WHERE WE ARE GOING TO PUT YOU.

As you can see, the above is why we need to know who is coming to the event. Please, let's make this a Ferrari and Freinds event, invite your exotic car folks, and let's show up in force.

6. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Count me in for both Sat. & Sun. & thanks for doing the leg work.

7. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    I'll be there on Saturday in my Loturarri.

8. mcswrks

mcswrks Rookie

Apr 10, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Thomas Bonatz
    Count me in, unless it is on Saturday night. Every other night I'm good.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Which day are you proposing, Tom?

10. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    On parade laps: If the parade laps are anything like last year, I would doubt I will participate. We didn't even do one full lap and it took 10 minutes to get on the track and another 10 minutes to ull into pit lane.

11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks for the warning, and If that is the case, I will agree, to feel the track you need to at lease be about to run highway speed.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    ......and to do almost TWO full laps, at least.

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was really thinking of Saturday night... but you guys tell me... I'm off all day friday as well.

I dont have a grill, so I was going to do "something Italian"...Spagetti Bolognese, some fresh Tomato,mozzrella, & basil salad, garlic bread, fresh fruit & sorbet? just depends on how many show up.

Unless you have a grill Walt you want to bring and then we can do like last time... there is a brand new Publix up the road from us... so easy to shop.... I'm open to either day... what do y'all say?

Vince you in?

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Tim from Grass Roots Magazine sent me this email, so problem resolved regarding the lap! This is why they are limiting it, so sign up early.

"We have greatly improved the format for this year and are limiting entries to prevent this problem."

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Don't forget that Saturday is the free beer party, but then again, I don't think I want to drink and drive any car.....

16. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Tom, I'd love to bring my grill but it's mounted on my deck and is hard piped to the house gas, sorry about that.

17. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Exactly where would one sign up for the lap(s)? Thanks in advance. Walt

18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #18 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tim at GRM said to sign up at their tent on the morning of, but looks like someone found a link, also, here is another reason to go!

As if there weren't enough great reasons to come to GRM Speedfest at The Mitty, here's two more: Playboy Playmates Deanna Brooks and Stephanie Glasson will be there.

19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    10/4 on that one....

20. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    If a grill is needed I'm sure I can find one of those small "throw away" type ones at Publix. I don't know how practical that would be but let me know.

21. TBaxter

TBaxter Rookie

Mar 11, 2008
    There's a lot more info, a schedule of events and more at the site for it: http://grmspeedfest.com

You can also buy your tickets through there, both for the event and laps.

22. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Last day for advanced ticket purchase was April 18.

23. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Vince, Trying to build your post count by posting the same meaasge in 2 different threads? LOL

24. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Let's go folks! It's Mitty week!!

25. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name: