wanted: 1991 testarossa windshield ? help anyone | FerrariChat

wanted: 1991 testarossa windshield ? help anyone

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by chevalcabre, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    cracked my tr shield,anyone kniws where i can get a good deal?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Somewhat difficult (too many have needed to be replaced). McCann and FPEx both show them on their websites, but who knows if they really have a "stock" laying around. You can get a non-antenna version TR windshield from the F dealer, but the price is no bargain. It took my local car-insurance glass place ~6 months to get a (512TR?) with-antenna version and even they charged ~$1,000 for the glass and ~$800 for the trim pieces (I was limited to paying $1K deductable so my impression is that they didn't add a lot of mark-up to the parts prices to further gouge their insurance buddies). Are you sans insurance?

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Try lo-can glass

4. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I encounter the same problem a couple of months ago. My understanding is that the Ferrari no longer makes windshields with antennas in them for Testarossas.....which I think also means for the 512TRs and the 512Ms. Anyway, the options I was presented with are: 1) Take the factory windshield with the little horses on it, but given up the antenna. 2) Go aftermarket with antenna. I went with the factory as it was more important to me that the car stays as much factory original as possible. That took about almost 2 months (I was told that aftermarket would have been quicker)The radio is still capable of picking up most of the local stations, but I usually just listens to CDs or the glorious Flat-12 anyway :) Hope this helps.