Wanted 328 shifter gate

Discussion in '308/328' started by PCHMOTOHO, Jun 11, 2019.


    PCHMOTOHO Karting

    Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca

    I’m looking for a shifter gate for my 87 328. My ?s are will a 348 gate fit on a 328. I believe they have different part numbers for whatever that is worth.

    My second question is what is this part technically called. I’ve seen it called a speed selector as well. Last but not least could any of you refer me to where I may locate one. I’ve tried EBay and I’ve seen them for 348s but not 328s (at least not in decent condition).

  2. syata

    syata Formula Junior

    Feb 23, 2017
    Have you tried RICAMBIAMERICA? Look up the shifter gate for the 328 and 348 to see if they are the same part number. I think they are since both of them are five speed.

    Sent from my iPhone using mobile app
  3. greyboxer

    greyboxer F1 World Champ

    Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Classic Parts UK show it as a standard stock item so in theory any Ferrari dealer should be able to get it (for a price.....) - p/n 148452 Gear Lever Selector Gate
  4. Pero

    Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

    Apr 22, 2011
    Full Name:
    Peter R

    PCHMOTOHO Karting

    Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Thanks a lot for the replies. No I did not try Ricambi which I will. I did not try the dealer. I guess it can't hurt to at least give them a shot.
  6. Ricambi America

    Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

    Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
  7. Hinecker

    Hinecker Formula Junior

    Mar 14, 2011
    Just an idea, have you thought of making it out of polished aluminum?
    Don't know what that part is priced, but most certainly it's not original...I mean the one they will be selling you, if it's new. Different would be buying a second hand original gate shifter.


    PCHMOTOHO Karting

    Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    I am definitely looking for a decent original unit. I’m trying to figure out if it is the same as a 348 gate.

    From doing part number searches it seems that some later 348s have a different gate but I’m trying to figure out if an earlier one is the same. I have found NOS gates but they are 600 dollars. I can’t spend that on a car that’s not even worth 60k

    Thanks for the help everyone
  9. hyenahf

    hyenahf F1 Rookie

    May 25, 2004
    shift box on 348 are cable actuation vs rod of the 308. im not sure if the gate are the same. 308 shifter box is used on the early mondial, gt4, testarossa and possibly the 288 gto if memory serves. perhaps you can find a gate off one of these cars but most peeps will only sell them as a unit. i have 308 shifter box assembly that i wouldn't be separating.

    water jet cut one and chrome it would be an easy option if you dont like the hill quick shift gate.
  10. Crowndog

    Crowndog F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

    Jul 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    I think the issue would be the reverse lock out nub on the bottle of the plate.

    Sent from my iPhone using mobile app
  11. miketuason

    miketuason F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

    Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
  12. Hinecker

    Hinecker Formula Junior

    Mar 14, 2011
    Just an idea!
    That reverse lock can be welded once cut. After polishing it should look great.
    I agree, $600 for that part is way off.


Share This Page