News

Wanted a 308qv to buy

Discussion in '308/328' started by irondogmike, Sep 26, 2016.

1. irondogmike

irondogmike Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    When I bought my 85 308qv I bought it for 38,000 dropped another 10 into it and I was scoring 98 to 99 points out of 100 regretting selling it trying to save my home and I think I sold it for like 43 that was about seven years ago.I now know I will never be able to replace that car at that price but I'm sure I will find something to start over.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    Did anyone notice that it's got a Prancing Horse Twin Turbo kit on it?

Being a fan of turbo'd Ferrari's I'm very tempted to get it, modernize the engine with EFI, intercooler(s), and see what the market would bare when I try to sell it. But it might be a big money loser.

Aaron

4. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Yes, noticed that as well, but tend to agree with your last sentence - even though it would be a cool project, I think it would be a money loser.. takes a lot of money to rebuild a car like this and the market is not there yet in terms of pricing..

5. Brian A

Brian A Formula 3

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I looked at your profile when you first posted. Nice car. The market may have shifted, but the good news / bad news is that it seems to be stable. These next couple of years will be interesting pricewise. You'll be fine.

6. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You better know what you're getting into if you buy from these guys. I visited their "showroom" and let's just say that I wasn't impressed with the facility, the cars, or the people working there. Also, they are located in East LA, not Beverly Hills.

7. To remove this ad click here.