News

Warning! Agency Power are Crooks

Discussion in '360/430' started by JohnsScud168, Apr 16, 2018.

1. JohnsScud168

JohnsScud168 Rookie

Oct 6, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Forbes
    It is very disappointing to deal with AGENCY POWER. I had purchased the F430 manifold from agency power after speaking with the marketing manager/saleperson Luis. He told me the Manifold would work with the F430 Scuderia and they also have an exhaust which is titanium that goes with it . (implying that the manifold fits the scuderia). Then i called them during the time of install and asked them for new gaskets for the headers. He said he can get that. After a day or 2 ; he calls back and says sorry you have to use your original ones. During that conversation i said its for the F430 Scuderia again. ( Never once told me the Headers would NOT fit the F430 Scuderia)
    I called them back and told them the Manifolds dont FIT the F430 Scuderia due to an additional port system on the Scuds Manifold. I'd like a refund. Luis (marketing manager/saleman/many roles) in the company said he will have to ask his boss the director. After a week or so i never got an answer. I was being quite patient with them.

I understand that VIVID RACING owns Agency Power; But Agency Powers Customer Service is Terrible compared to Vivid Racing. I spoke a person name James. I am sure you guys heard of him on this forum. This man is a Great Guy. I purchased a Kressieg Exhaust system with James ( vivid Racing) and Spent over $12,500 on an exhaust system for the Scuderia. I am not blaming James for anything here because he actually tried to help me solve the issue. Agency wanted to make it sound like its my fault for ordering the wrong manifold when i specifically told them its for the F430 Scuderia. I mean when i called them numerous times i asked ( do you have an manifold for the F430 Scuderia?) Answer : Yes. we can have it coated for you too. ( thats implying it fits for the Scuderia.

Agency Powers website should tell people that the Headers dont fit the Scuderia. It is very misleading .

I want to thank James for the help, but i am very pissed off at Agency Power and i will NEVER do Business with them again. Bad Business and unreliable workers. People warned me already not to deal with Agency Power; but i tried to give them a chance. Now i know how they are.

sparetireless likes this.
  2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2016
    Full Name:
    Dale
    The only thing I got from all that is some people wrongfully call headers "manifolds" and others wrongfully call manifolds "headers". LOL

TAILWAG likes this.
  3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Karting

Apr 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim J
    I had a set of AP headers on my first CS in ‘12-‘13 and they cracked at the collector. I’m stayed stock on my two Scuds and staying stock on my latest CS.

4. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    arent headers "exhaust manifolds"?

5. mwstewart

mwstewart Formula 3

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    In England manifold is the correct term for...a manifold. There are a few types including a log type, commonly fitted to production cars, or a branch type like the AP we are discussing here, Header is the American term used for a manifold. That was always how I saw it.

Yes, the AP manifolds don't have a port for secondary air injection. It maybe the case that the person you spoke to wasn't aware of the difference.

By the way it's not F430 Scuderia, it's 430 Scuderia. Ferrari dropped the F. Maybe that added to the confusion for them...

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    TN/GA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'm not sure if the correct terminology would be "crooks" as it seems it's more of a case where they "have idiots working there". I don't believe the 2 are interchangeable as that would encompass 99% of businesses in the world, and they would all be "crooks".

TAILWAG, I'm 360 Canuck and Michael B like this.
  7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I guess it depends upon whether he was able to return the product and get a refund? I can’t tell from the OP...

8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    isle Of Man
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Why don't you either : 1. drill and weld in a new port into the new headers or 2. junk air injection altogether (only used for a few seconds and basically pointless on a low mileage Ferrari) and disable the CEL in the ignition firmware? Saving some valuable weight too...

9. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    I love headers changes.

T308 likes this.
  10. fiat

fiat Karting

Aug 5, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    graziano
    #10 fiat, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    I have agency power on my 360 minus air injection ports, as 360 trev suggested discard air injection all together it is a useless function, you save a lot of weight by getting rid of the plumbing and neater engine bay. Mase engineering in Jacksonville fl will eliminate your cel for ever.

11. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    Any power benefits deleting air injection or is it strictly for smog?

12. fiat

fiat Karting

Aug 5, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    graziano
    Strictly emission at start up

13. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    How? By a so-called ECU tune, turning off one or more emission monitor(s)?

14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2005
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Richard-Mark Dodds
    did this get resolved in the end ?

15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    TN/GA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Maybe they just pull the bulb

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh G. Rection
    That would not be a good idea, then you would never know if some other issues are cropping up