Warranty transfer rules? | FerrariChat

Warranty transfer rules?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Friar93, Mar 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Friar93

Friar93 Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    Sorry if this is a repeat, I tried to search first.

Im looking at '15-'17 Cali T. What are the warranties to look for (original, extended, CPO) and what are the transfer rules.

Are they transferrable between private parties? if the car is sold through a non-Ferrari dealer?

CPO: same Q, for example i know Porsche CPO will transfer privately and through a dealer sale but is void if a CPO'd car is sold through a non-Porsche dealer

in any case, what warranty would you want buying a used Cali T

2. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Hi,

Would recommend you to buy a Ferrari Approved vehicle from the Ferrari dealer directly instead of second-hand non-Ferrari dealers... there is a premium but significant peace of mind at the end of the day... is it your first Ferrari?... original factory warranty is for 3 years... extendable for a further 2 years max after which it is only the new power warranty... if you extend for only 1 year the original after the initial 3 years are over you will not get the 5th year as factory warranty but only new power warranty... warranty is transferrable as long as the car warranty is valid and service history has been maintained irrespective of you buying from the dealer or non-dealer network... hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Welcome in advance to the family!

Options via Ferrari:

1. Factory warranty is 3 years unlimited miles from the in service date
    2. Factory warranty extension may be purchased for an additional 4th or 5th year ( Best is to purchase it within 30 days of factory warranty expiring )
    3. Factory New Power Warranty may be purchased on a year to year basis up to 15th years
    4. Factory Main Power Warranty may be purchased from 8th year on ( New Power Warranty PLUS the next years annual Service is included )

The warranty stays with the car . not the owner.

The exception is when it runs though a Ferrari Dealership. The selling Dealership can and usually does add a year of available warranty at time of sale most commonly called CPO warranty. Ferrari Dealerships have a special where you can get 2 years of New Power Warranty when they add 1, so the buyer gets a deal so to speak. This offer is only available when a Ferrari is being purchased from a Ferrari Dealership.

As for what warranty, I would strongly suggest finding a California T with its 4th and/or 5th year warranty extension, so as to get the best coverage available.

Good Luck in your search!

Steve

4. Friar93

Friar93 Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    super helpful.....and did the '15-'17 cars come with the 7 year included maintenance I sometimes read about? is that transferred with the car or is that original owner only?

5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yes, the 15-17 cars came with the 7 year maintenance as well and it to goes with the car too if it is sold.