Was looking for a Speciale, Instead Ordering Perfomante | FerrariChat

Was looking for a Speciale, Instead Ordering Perfomante

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by plastique999, Feb 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I was searching for a 458S for the past year to complement my 16M, but I'm not a fan of paying over MSRP. I was close to pulling the trigger on a white on blue Speciale, but it was still over MSRP (and maybe they always will be). Instead, last year, I ended up picking up an LP670 SV (1 of 186 made). Still love it and will keep it. The Speciale prices continue to be in the $400k range.....so then came the news of the Huracan Perfomante and it's groundbreaking track time at the Nurburgring (faster than 918). Further exciting news on the car, is the development of the patented ALA aero system which creates significant downforce.
    I contact my local dealer right away, attend a private unveiling of the Perfomante, and deposit is in.
    Some of the reasons I went with Lamborghini Perfomante over Ferrari Speciale:
    1. Price....Ferrari prices can be over the top even when barely new.
    2. I didn't have to buy a Cali, F12, and 5 more cars to get the latest and greatest (next of which would be the 488 VS, however, I want to stick to NA cars for now). It was nice to know that Lamborghini didn't make me buy a Urus, Aventador, Huracan, etc. before getting into their fastest production car currently to be made.
    3. Performance: the Performante (and Huracan successors) will likely be one of the last NA V10's to be made. The patented new ALA Aero system is quite impressive. The forged carbon looks amazing (lighter and stronger than CF).
    It will be interesting to see what Ferrari's answer is to the Perfomante (and Mclaren's 720) for its comparable class and price range. 488 VS in a year or so?
    I still will get a 458S some day, but for now, Lamborghini has my attention!

2. GiveMeSomethingICanUse

Jan 26, 2016
    Congrats on a good choice! I honestly think Lamborghini is a far more interesting company than Ferrari these days. The 488 was a big let down for me and their cars just don't look as good as Lamborghini's offering. I got rid of my 458 and bought an Aventador instead. The personality of the car fits me so much better. I'm certain you will love your performante. I do have a feeling Lamborghini will find a way to keep their Na V12 in the Aventador replacement, perhaps in combination with some electric motor. Whatever the case is I really honestly don't feel the need for more speed and acceleration than I get from the Aventador but welcome any new model with open arms. Gotta love the bulls!

3. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    Welcome to the dark side...

[​IMG]

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    sold my 458 Spider...bought a Aventador Roadster. Granted, not truly competitors so comparing is silly. However, the A is just plain incredible. Take all the best aspects of the 458 and multiply by 5.
    Eddie, I too like the new Huracan. I am tossing around a new GT3 or the Huracan S.

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Got my deposit down as well and also attended the unveiling in Miami.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

The Av is menacing. I do hope Lamborghini keeps the NA platform as long as possible. But we all know they will eventually become obsolete.
    Hence, why that is important to me in the selection of cars I collect.
    Agree on speed with turbo cars becoming mind-blowing with acceleration. But sheesh if one wants the fastest of all from a dig, one should get a Tesla. But oh no sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Let me know your thoughts after seeing it. I was and still am seriously impressed! Can't wait to test it on track.

8. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Car looks great. Most of the changes from the regular model are in the rear wind and deck lid. The interior is made the same as the SV seats and carpet. The exhaust comes out like your 16M and by the way I have one too. I think most of the people who saw it liked it and the presentation was very good.

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

16M brother! That's a car we have to keep! Have S-line exhaust? Transforms the car.
    Agree with your feedback Rob. Just checked your sig, nice collection! Says you have LP670 Monterey blue? Is it an SV? What year is your Huracan - do you have magnetic suspension and/or LDS? I was going to order the Perfomante without LDS for less electronic intrusion.

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Wow what a comparison! The Av does seem outrageous. I will be keeping my Murcie SV which prevents me from jumping into an Av for now. Lambo V12's are king of all kings.

I have been eyeing the 991 GT3 RS's for a while....the UV purple and lava orange are stunning! No doubt that the GT3's are stellar driving machines with such great all around purpose. But when the Perfomante news was released (with similar current price points as the new GT3 RS's) the exotic looks, new forged carbon, ALA aero technology seem to dominate over the P car.

11. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Yes I got the SV in both the Aventador and the Murcie. The aventador is the roadster. I haven't got to take it out due to timing and weather. My 16m is stock except for factory options.

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Very nice! Any pics? How would you compare the Av SV to the Lp670SV? Color and miles on the LP670SV?

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    6:52.01 at the Ring is incredible!
    My car is spec'd and ordered, should get it delivered in time for Monterey car week.

Sent from my 16M

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  15. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes. Pretty mean looking. This the colour scheme you've gone for?
    R

16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Thanks guys....yes I spec'd it in Ad Personam Verde Themis (similar to Singh)....interior with red accents. Only thing is roof will not be black but body colored. Will do bronze rims to match the bronze engine covers and will do Italian livery on calipers (after arrival).

I'm in the first round of U.S. delivery so should receive it for Monterey car week! I'm also trying to set up a trip to Sant'Agata to see my car on the production line.

Sent from my 16M

18. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    congrats eddie. i can relate to the color, my fav shade of highlighter. so ill be checking the garage pic thread, looking for west and east wing additions to your garage.

pardon me for the high jack, how's the judge doing?

take care, see you around.

[​IMG]

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think you made a really good decision. The Huracan P looks like it's a monster. I always think pictures don't give accurate representations of cars. Certain look great in pics but just don't blow me away in person and of course the opposite is true. With Huracans, I think they can look sort of bland in pictures but in person they're amazing! So much so that I nearly bought one a few weeks ago but was out of the country and couldn't get my wire out before the car moved. I think a 580-2 is in my future though.

20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

🤣 that is my problem....5 car garage with 7 cars plus Perf on order....I'm in trouble and need space!

Have not seen the Judge in a little while but heard he is good - believe he still has GT3, 430 and Scud. He's been working on his house.

Sent from my 16M

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Do agree, not so stunning ok pictures but walking around the car at the unveil was definitely a greater perspective and appreciation.
    To be honest I don't even know how bright the Verde Themis will look.
    The 2WD is amazing I hear - my buddy has a white one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great touch with the Italian flag front lip. I've heard really good things about it as well. It's got more power than my 458 and is probably 150 pounds lighter. Has to be a rush. I'd put it up in Pittsburgh next to the i8 though. Yin and yang those two.

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward