Washed the SL and it's something for yall to talk about! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Washed the SL and it's something for yall to talk about!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by vraa, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    wow, on many BMWs of that level sport kits give a little more then just a few body details and new wheels...

Simple example is the 740I sport, with different springs, sway bars, final drive to name a few...

...and some body details with new wheels as well.

2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    BMW caters to a different audience. :) IMO (and to tick off my friend) AMG package isn't really worth it, for that some $2500-3000 I'd save it towards new wheels. I know sure as hell some pretty Kleemann's would make a much bigger difference then a measly kit which is too subtle to make that big of an impact on a black car. :(

I'm in love with the rear bumper though of the AMG kit, I like that black colored mesh look alike. Combine that with a hint of Carlsson / RENNtech lip spoiler on the front, get some Lorensior style side skirts which are toned down a little, and rear kleemann exhausts (trapazoid shaped) and you have one killer looking car! :)

I'm 16 and I have a dream :D

For the guys having image problems, go grab Microsoft ImageResizer Powertoy, it's free and it works. Have 100 jpegs at 1600x1200? In just a few seconds and about four clicks it can resize them all to whatever you want, I can trim 30 megs of pictures into about 4 megs total and it still looks pretty good. That's what I've used on these pictures here, used to be 1280*960 (I think) and I resized them to 640*480. Almost shrunk the file size by SIX! That's incredible! The only problem I've ever had is that sometimes various shades of red seem to get washed out, but that's happened only on one picture and that was from a certain friend with a ghetto camera ;)

3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    $5210 for the AMG kit,

The SL500 or SL600 takes an even more impressive physique with an AMG-designed front air dam, housing mesh air intakes. New staggered- width 18" 5-hole wheels - inspired by the Vision SLR show car - wrapped in 255/40 WR 18 high-performance tires1 in the front and 285/35 WR 18s in the back

Straight quoted from mbusa.com

For Grand Total: $5,124.76 I can get some BBS LM's with four tires all brand new from tirerack.com :)

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Thanks Ricky! Dl'ed it, and will try it out :)

5. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Anytime! Show us your results!

6. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    #31 vraa, Feb 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Does someone have tips on how to take pictures of black cars with personal experience? My picture turn out fine, but they all miss things like a soul and what not.

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #33 LAfun2, Feb 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

How's this for a black car? ;)

Btw where does your last name herald from?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    VRAA- black is hard to shoot. Try and do it when the sun is right above or behind you that way it catches more lines. Best thing is just shoot away and eventually good pics will come ( i Love digital!)

LAFun you got more pics of that car you just posted?

10. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I know whose car that is! I'll post more pics of his (jl88)'s car when I get back from school or I have more time in Web Class! :D

150Shot, actually I just got my dad's old Canon EOS650 SLR, that's why I was wondering, because right now that is exactly what I do! :D I have hundreds of pictures.

11. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein
    i'm a huge fan.. the car looks gorgeous..

12. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein
    oh, and btw.. not that it is any of my business.. but your profile says you are 15 years old.. and you own an sl500? or is that your daddy's car?

13. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    My last name comes from Indian heritage :)

I'm actually 16 now and yes, the R230 is my dads, but he's no way going to post on an internet forum.

I wish someone around here had a black Ferrari so I could take some pictures.. :D