Watch advice needed. Looking for Christmas gift | FerrariChat

Watch advice needed. Looking for Christmas gift

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by zach_300zxTT, Dec 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for a nice, yet affordable watch to get my girlfriend for Christmas. I'm looking for something with the following:

-Stainless band and face (no gold, just stainless)
    -Slim, rectangular face (preferably white, or "whitish")
    -Water resistant/proof
    -Price range of approximately $80 to $150

I realize I won't find anything amazing for that price, but I'm working on a high school budget. I personally wear a Seiko Arctura, so I don't want to get her anything too cheap.

I was thinking along the lines of Citizens, Bulova, Seiko, etc...

I have looked all around on eBay, visited the local jewelry shops, but I just can't seem to find the perfect match. Any and all help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Seriously just get her a <$100 Fossil or something from Costco (Kenneth Cole?). Spending too much money on a girlfriend's watch in high school sounds like a bad move.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

FOSSIL IS THE WAY TO GO IN THAT PRICE RANGE.............

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I think Skagen makes some nice looking small square watches in that price range. I know Swiss Army has some like you describe but I think they are around $200 in stores but check ebay I've seen some things go for a lot less than retail on there new in the box.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'd agree with Swiss Army. Nice watch for the price. You can usually get them on the 'net for about 40% off of retail. Check www.wengerna.com for the latest models. The Skaagens are also cool. Ike and I think alike.

6. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    try Chinatown. ;);)

7. 006

006 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    J. Thomas
    My opinion is that the ESQ watches give you the best bang for the buck. These are Swiss and made by Movado. They carry them at Costco for a fair price but I would check online vendors as well.

8. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
    Overstock.com

9. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I would go fossil they are fairly cheap and nice lots of variety. I started with fossils still have and wear the first one I bought umm 6 years ago plus they come with 10yr warranty I have Citizen and Bulova watches a little out of you range but really nice

10. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    #10 LOTUS1, Dec 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017