Watch For Sale... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Watch For Sale...

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by 134282, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    That Cartier must be covered in diamonds.

The thing I like most about my stainless/gold cartier is that it isn't flashy.

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    If you're going to spend $50,000 + on a watch, you should buy one made by the following:

A. Lange and Sohne,
    Alain Silberstein,
    Audemars Piguet,
    Blancpain,
    Breguet,
    Franck Muller,
    Jaeger LeCoultre,
    Parmigiani,
    Patek Phillipe,
    Ulysse Nardin,
    Vacheron Constantin

Here are some photos of the Patek Phillippe Grand Complication 3970, manually wound chronograph.

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I love that Patek Philippe.

I like the plain white face Calatrava too.

I saw the A. Lange Moonphase the other day, it has a unique layout that i really like.

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes, I love the Calatrava; the essence of understated elegance and the iconic dress watch since the 1930's.

And NNO, I think you'll find not too many people will be interested in those watches on this board. Have you tried selling them locally to friends or pawn shops?

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    It is indeed the diamond crusted one, well he has two,one white gold one yellow, not my cup of tea,but he always has to have the best, he also has a pair of Palek Phillippe watch's, his and hers. I wont tell you how much becourse i almost hit him myself.

6. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Patek Phillipe is a great watch just too small. I know that is part of the appeal (most complicated watch and the smallest). I much prefer an A. Lange & Sohne because they are larger (I feel that quality between them is the same). I wear a Panerai PAM00051 40mm which is my favorite in my collection my next watch will be a PAM00111 44mm. Paneristi forever.

If you are looking for a Beautiful watch for a small price take a look a Xezo.com. I own a Tribune Vermeil (Solid 925 Sterling Silver with a 10 Micron 18K Gold plate) 32/500. I get tons of comments on the watch every where I go and the Gold finish shows no silver underneath even though I’ve been wearing it for more that a year and banged it very hard against objects on the job. Also they are all number and they make a limit of 500 of each after that the mould is destroyed so the chances of bumping into another one are rare.