Weber DCNF Grose Valve Jets Now Available | FerrariChat

Weber DCNF Grose Valve Jets Now Available

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by gcmerak, Feb 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    #1 gcmerak, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    Received my Grose valve jets today. They are very well finished, and are a direct screw in to the DCNF top cover. Such a simple and elegant design.

I now can compare both the Weber and Grose side by side. The three cutouts for fuel flow in the Webers are significantly smaller than that of the 6 fuel holes in the Grose. Even more remarkable [to me anyway] is when I blow air through each jet, I get plenty of resistance from the Weber and virtually no resistance from the Grose. That must mean something in a high fuel flow demanding situation. The principle of the rotating bearings never developing a wear pattern is also most appealing. Consistent fuel metering and no leaking from the seat bore....whats not to like.

I suppose in day to day boulevard driving, the Weber vs the Grose difference would be impercievable. However, under demanding driving conditions such as spirited mountain driving or track driving, I believe you would notice the difference quite readily.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Ciao,
    George

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #2 staatsof, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    I remember these from the 1980's. Honestly, I noticed zero difference and I drove my Bora fast and hard frequently. Maybe they're like chicken soup for Webers? ;>))
    I've never asked the guys at Pirece Manifolds about them but if they were a real improvement I would think they'd offer them like they do a number of other items.

A couple years ago I was looking for some for a set of DCOEs. I'm not sure if they're the same though.
    Who's making and selling them now as the Grose Jet company has evaporated?

Bob S.

3. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hi Bob,

A friend of mine who is very very knowledgeable about the C114 has gone ahead and commissioned these jets to be made. He is obsessive about quality. These Grose valve jets literally have been available on the market for about 3 weeks or so. Dimensionally, both the Grose and Weber jets are the same. I will probably never push the car hard enough to feel a difference, if I do feel a difference it will just be icing on the cake. I'm still amazed at the flow difference between the two. I don't know how fast those fuel bowls empty out when compared to the flow characteristic of the Grose. I would conjecture that under hard cornering a full fuel bowl would be a definite advantage over one that is a quarter or a fifth full. Then again maybe not.

Regarding the Bora, I don't know Bob, maybe on a Bora these jets are just not as critical. I have a friend who runs the Grose valve jets in his SS, and he swears by them. Maybe someone else can chime in on this. Considering how small the Merak field is, I suspect none will.

Ciao,
    George

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well you might be right about the cornering thing. The only time I ever had a problem with my Bora on the track it was a very hard LH turn starting at about 80mph as you enter a very long straight. Your foot was planted as you drifted towards the wall and I would run out of fuel for maybe a second or two. Just enough time for everyone to blow right by me!

If your right then that was a Grose error on my part ... ;>))

Bob S.