WEEKEND AT PAP'S | Page 474 | FerrariChat

WEEKEND AT PAP'S

Discussion in 'Australia' started by PAP 348, Apr 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    My little ones love spaghetti monster too. :p

You're not wrong PP! :D

$30K? We are mates...........bring $20K. :p

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Oh OK,I'll bring a slab as well.

3. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Sheesh that’s Jammy Pap, it’s definitely a sign

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Sounds like a plan. :)

I think so. :)

5. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Maranello550 and knocker like this.
  6. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    .................and if it's anything like here,you'll get it by the end of September............................................................2020!

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah, I don't think they will have one in stock. But it's all good lol.

8. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Ok, here's an update on PAP348. :D

I just got the car back on the road today. Bearing failed on the 31st of August. Man time flies lol.

I called the local SKF branch to chase that bearing the next day, nope...................that bearing is available ex-USA only. None in the country at all. *FFS*

Bearing was AU $100 trade price, express post is AU $45 on top, but it doesn't come straight to the Mount Isa SKF branch. Nope, the bearing has to go to the Melbourne distribution centre. Add another $15 to express post it from from Melb-Isa after that. *FFS*

Express post from the USA was $45, but will take 4-6 weeks into the country they told me. I said bugger that, any other options to get it here quicker. Same day air freight into the country (still 3-4 days to Melb) would be $175. *FFS*

I asked if there was another option, there had to be. They told me no. I said there has to be, something identical, but maybe not a C3 bearing, or have high temp grease etc. Nope, she told me there was nothing else to suit this actual bearing. *FFS*

Told the local branch "thank you, I will call Ferrari and see what they have for sale". *FFS*

I knew there would be another option, but I was sick of dealing with that pecker head on the phone so I called the main SKF branch in Brisbane.

They told me same thing, don't have that actual bearing in the country, but then the guy asks me if it has to have the '22' grease in it. HT22 on the end means High Temp grease (I knew that), the 22 is the specific type of grease wanted at the time at the factory when they made the car. Still available to buy of course, ex USA. But it doesn't really matter which type of grease in that bearing for my particular application.

He said he had an exact same bearing in stock, but with the standard high temp bearing grease in it. $19.95 and he had 10 of them in stock lol. I paid express post and it was $34.95 delivered to my door 3 days later. Bearing 6007-2RS2/C3HT.

He also said there was 3 stocked in the local branch, but I told him I didn't want to deal with these ass-clowns again, so I was happy to pay the extra $15 to post it out from Brisbane. No hurry anyway, I still had to source the aircon and alternator belts.

Now the belts. I must not have recorded the info down last time when I ordered and changed these belts, so I had to call the dealer again to purchase them.

Called Ferrari in Brisbane, talked to some lad there and gave him the VIN number for my car to purchase both aircon and alternator belts. I told him it was the Denso alternator in my car, the other option is the Delco alternator.

No worries Pap, that will be $53 delivered for 2x belts express posted from Sydney. I couldn't believe how cheap these belts were from Ferrari. They were Dayco belts in Ferrari packaging.

5-6 days later, the belts show up.

I go to fit them a month later. Nope, they are both too short. NO idea what belts they sent me. *FFS*

Didn't bother to call back to ask what happened, I measured the ones they sent and went to Repco and ordered ones both 20mm longer. I ended up with a 5PK880 for the aircon and a 5PK760 for the alternator.

Both Dayco belts also, $55 for both belts trade price, without any shipping costs involved. I still don't know how those Ferrari belts were so cheap lol. They were $18 and $13 each from Ferrari.

The car is all back together, back on the ground and all good. I will take the kids for a quick drive to school tomorrow in it before I park it out the back again and consider parking it up until I drop that engine out to change the cam belts and all that other jazz that goes with them. ;)

greg246 likes this.
  11. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Hmm lot of frustration there mate.
    What about Townsville branches of the above?......in future,it's only a straight line from there. :)

12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, next time I will more than likely buy local because I can walk in and give them the correct bearing number I want and walk out without getting angry.

Same with the belts, I recorded down the bearing number and belts so next time they blow up (muhahaha) or the next time I change them I will order the parts first and change them on the day.

13. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ferrari could charge 5c for them but what would it matter; they don’t ****ing fit!!

Pathetic.

Wonder how they’d classiche it??

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    hey pap , guy i follow on youtube just bought a 348

have you seen it

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Hi man,

I haven't seen this video before but I will check it out soon.

Thanks heaps and I hope all has been well.

16. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah man, someone said we've had around 120ml of rain the last few days.

With another approx 80ml to come over the next few days.

That's the new bridge in town that was opened mid December 2019, they spend X-amount of millions and made it around 1m higher than the original bridge.

Was always going to go over, dunno why spend all that money and not decide to spend X-amount more to build it higher so it doesn't flood.

When we have floods like we do every rain season, there is only the 'big bridge' open in town for a few days.

So again, don't know why they didn't be a little smarter about it and lift that new bridge another 1m or 2m higher to always have 2x ways to cross town when the floods come.

Meh............

18. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    The past 4 days here have realised nearly 250mm,prior to that we received 15mm in early Dec......VERY welcome.

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Crazy rain! :)

Or should I say................Crazy Train. :p

20. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    I always said you were Loco.

21. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Jayzus Papadopulous,some of us here (very few I imagine),actually remember this mob playing at the time,same as Uriah Heap,Deep Purple,the Leds and Who of course,as well as J Priest and of course your favorite after Metalica.................................Ethel The Frog!

22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Muhahha. :D

23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah, I was a little too young to see all those legends in their prime! What a time to be alive in the 70's and 80's eh gents? :p

Its328 likes this.
  24. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  25. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005