News

Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by motleycruefan, Jul 9, 2020.

1. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Bolton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Tamas
    When I was in college I dropped over 50lbs. It was easy...run 10km in the morning and 10km at night. Have some chips and beer. Repeat as needed.

Now that I'm older most of us will need to accept that we can't burn 2000 calories a day. The biggest things I noticed when helping my parents lose weight was intake and meal sizes.

The post above about calories in "a single plate" is certainly true in many aspects. For example don't have 10 wings. Have 5 plus a side. It is not easy many will tell you that.

My family, European, was always about making more food. For a family of four we would have 6 to 8 steaks. Save the rest right...nope. we would nibble until its gone.

You will be surprised but meal planning and portion control will be one of the biggest contributors. Unless you can run triathlons every weekend.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    So my wife had a complete thyroidectomy, so I know it's hard to manage your weight when you have issues there.

I'd train with weights, hard - 2 days on, 1 day off. On off days, treadmill or aerobic work.