Welcome from Yorkshire, England | FerrariChat

Welcome from Yorkshire, England

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by David Todd, Mar 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Todd

David Todd Rookie

Mar 27, 2018
    Yorkshire, England
    Full Name:
    David Todd
    After being a Ferrari owner for 12yrs and being a regular contributor to the UK based Club Scuderia forum I have at long last joined up across the pond.
    I presently run a 2002 550 and a 1983 308 GTS Q.V. The 308 is currently undergoing an expensive bare metal respray so is not likely to be on the road again until mid year. The 550 was purchased 9yrs ago with 26000miles on the clock and now has 65000 so it gets used, having had a trip across the channel to the continent most years proving very reliable. The 308 was bought just under 3yrs ago and has been a troubled ownership experience but following a major fuel injection rebuild and other bits and bobs now seems to be settling into some reliable running. I have had the interior refurbished and as noted above the body is being fettled as I write.
    My previous Ferrari ownership was a 308 Vetroresina that I owned for 3 wonderful years, making the huge mistake of trading it in for the 550 just before their values went ballistic. Hey ho......

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome aboard ;)
    Glad to see you actually drive your cars.

David Todd likes this.
  3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Hello you. Long time no see and all that.
    Was you never on Fchat before the Club Scud days?

4. David Todd

David Todd Rookie

Mar 27, 2018
    Yorkshire, England
    Full Name:
    David Todd
    Hi Malc. Great to hear from you. Nope, never been on here prior to now.

MalcQV likes this.
  5. YorkieMark

YorkieMark Rookie

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark Lewis
    Hi David. I am interested to know where you (and other fellow Northerners) take your cars to be serviced? The options in Yorkshire are very limited. To my knowledge there is one main dealer (JCT 600) and one independent (Italia Autosport).

6. David Todd

David Todd Rookie

Mar 27, 2018
    Yorkshire, England
    Full Name:
    David Todd
    My first 308 was purchased from Italia Autosport and my fingers got badly burnt the first time I used them, for its MOT, so have not been back since.
    I have use AE Performance in Knutsford now for some 10 years without a problem. It’s a pain to take the car so far but feel I can trust Adam in a way I would never trust Italia.
    Never used a main dealer as A. The car s I have owned are of a certain age B. They are expensive, that said JCT do special rates for classics and C. I don’t trust them.

7. YorkieMark

YorkieMark Rookie

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark Lewis
    Yes, I took my 328 to Italia a while ago for a fire extinguisher fitted (not plumbed in) and it didn't go well! JCTs rates are not that special! £430 for a new battery for a 360!

I ended up down at Nick Cartwrights, but his prices are creeping up and had a dodgy experience on the sales side recently.

There is definitely a gap in the market in the Yorkshire region. I have heard good things about AE, so perhaps I will give them a try.

It would be interesting to get others views.

8. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I've used R&D Automotive in Eccles mostly since 2004. However AE I have heard a lot of good about. Either as David suggest is still logistically a bit of a faff from Yorkshire. In fact I've avoided AE because my girlfriend doesn't drive so for me that's a pain. R&D I can use a taxi or trailer (at little cost).
    David I assume you come down in two cars?