For Sale - Welcome to my Storefront: Special and Rare Ferrari Memorabilia - inc. F1 Car Engine and Body Parts, | Page 4 | FerrariChat

For Sale Welcome to my Storefront: Special and Rare Ferrari Memorabilia - inc. F1 Car Engine and Body Parts,

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Russ H, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
  2. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Russell- Vanita Mistry husband provided me a very detailed account of how you sent the items to me. He specifically said that HE DID NOT wrap the items but rather YOU did and they simply added some bubble wrap around all of the items. He also said you insisted that they not unwrap what was already wrapped by you and your wife. I use real attorney's so stop trying to act like one since you're a mechanical engineer and if you too have pictures and documentation as you allege then post them like I just did with ALL of the broken items you were so kind to sell me for $11K. Talks cheap....!

3. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
  4. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    No pics Russell...?

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So why don't you just take the items back, refund the seller, and file an insurance claim?

6. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Thank you...a man with common sense!

7. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Russ was very moxy in that he had me pay for the insurance and shipping fees so when I realized the items were broken the insurance claims would fall in my lap and not his.

This again speaks to his duplicitousness...too bad I trust people to do the right things and I've been burned (for now) but it will reverse itself when I'm done.

8. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    We did file an insurance claim on the buyers behalf. We had been working with the buyer to get the items repaired at our expense.

9. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    In addition, the buyer never requested a refund.

10. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    WRONG- RUSSELL YOU MEMORY IS FAILING YOU. JUST AS SOON AS I INDICATED MY FRUSTRATIONS WITH RECEIVING THE BROKEN ITEMS HERE IS YOUR EMAIL TO ME WHERE YOU CLEARLY ELECTED TO TAKE A HANDS OFF APPROACH AND MAKE YOUR ISSUES INTO MINE. TAKE THE HALO OFF YOU HEAD AS THOUGH YOU WERE TRYING HELP ME WHEN IF FACT IT WAS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE. YOU CONTINUE TO BE INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST AND I ASK AGAIN.....WHERE ARE THE PICTURES AND DOCUMENTATION YOU ALLUDE TO THAT "PROVES" THE ITEMS WERE SHIPPED IN PERFECT CONDITION? I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES YOU POSTED ON THIS THREAD BEFORE THE ITEMS WERE BROKEN.

Roger,
    After reading your email from yesterday, it became clear that you should take the lead and be the contact person for the UPS insurance issue
    The main contact at the UPS shipping store is:
    Vanita Mistry
    209. 830. 5044
    [email protected]
    Vanita, who is copied on this email, is aware of the damage to the items during shipment to you, and that all items are covered by the UPS insurance, purchased at the time of shipment. She’ll probably need copies of the PayPal receipts, for the insurance claim.
    Attached are copies of the insurance documentation for the damaged items.
    I’ll get back to you once I hear from Ray, concerning the replacement cover for the Crown Gears.

So Russell, since you state that I never ask for a refund for the broken items, I'm now asking you if you will stand behind your name and reputation and take back the broken nose cone, the crown gear, and the 1/16 Testarossa engine where the case is separated in three places and one the pistons had fallen off?

I'll keep the steering wheel since I was able to glue the Cavallino to the commemorative steering wheel and the F1 resin model which were the only items not broken.

Russ, you want to be a stand up guy or would you rather have this issue prolong itself ? Btw and for the record, the ONLY reason I'm using FCHAT to communicate with you is because you haven't replied to my previous email or voicemail so It's your call now whether you want to be a stand up guy and take back the broken items or let the process play out where I'm certain all the facts will validate my claims.

What say you...?

11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm sorry but I can't resist putting my "grain of salt" like we say in France, even if I have nothing to do with the story

Roger (Since his name has been written there, without any regard toward privacy) is probably the nicest member on board, I've always found him unusually kind among the "Big" ferrari owners here,

A quick search will make you understand he is really not the kind of person who has time to loose trying to rob a few thousands bucks from an online seller. HE IS REALLY NOT

On the other side, you're a small internet seller, and 11000 bucks represent maybe 50% of your monthly business. Therefore you have far more reasons than him to grip the piece of fat

I found this thread while taking some news from Romo since he didn't post recently, and coudn't believe what I've read "Beware of Roger Mody"

Dude, please be serious, accomplish 5% of what he did and you'll talk again

12. bh74

bh74 Rookie

Feb 2, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Interesting. I would think it's on the sender to ensure that the package arrives undamaged, if not it's the senders responsibility to correct it. Seems simple, something doesn't smell right.

13. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
  14. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
  15. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
  16. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
  17. Tifopazzo2

Tifopazzo2 Rookie

Sep 19, 2012
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Full Name:
    Vincent ***ard
    FYI to everybody... I do have the F399 front wing at 1:3 scale at home... I alao have the original box it came with when I purchased it feom the Ferrari dealer... If such packaging would have been available, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for the front wing to be damaged during transportation... Too bad it wasn’t there... All the best,
    Vincent