Well, I was wrong. | FerrariChat

Well, I was wrong.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mark355, Feb 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark355

Mark355 Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Initially I thought the 599 was pants but after reading all about it, especially the fiendishly clever vents between the flying buttresses and the rear windows, I have to say I think it's likely to be a cracker. Enzo engine, sub 100mS gear change, sub 4s 0 - 60, the fabulously tactile mannetinno controlling the traction control, sounds fab.

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Never doubted it wouldnt be a good car to drive, just think it looks exactly how it was designed.......by an American market research group, hence Corvette and Lexus design cues everywhere + bits of Hyundia thrown in.

My guess is that a certain Enzo project going on at the moment will show that Ferrari's current design strategy is nowhere near the best that pininfarina could do for Ferrari (if only they'd let PF do what they do best, rather than tayloring it to US taste's), but that's only a wild guess ;)

3. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Andrew

I think you are spot on. Its a real shame that a car that has very extra-ordinary technology has very ordinary looks.