348 - westcoastecutuning ETG ECU | FerrariChat

348 westcoastecutuning ETG ECU

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrarium, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Also, there's no OBD-II for the 348.

However, only one out of four service options will work for us - Bench Flash.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I wonder if they've succeeded on upgrading the 348 yet.

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I am suspicious on that, I googled and searched and found nothing so I figured I'd try here. Maybe someone did but never posted.

5. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    None of their claims addresses reprogramming a PROM chip, which our ECU's use. They are focused on flashing an ECU either on the car or in their shop. I can guarantee you that if you send them your ECUs they will be returned untouched. There are very few people who have the ability to provide replacement chips that have been upgraded for our 348's. The skill is from a bygone era but there are some guys left over from the Challenge days who may remember how to reprogram the PROMS. Eric348 and SoCal Tim have minorly modded chips. Supposedly there's a guy in Walnut Creek who can do it, but I have not located him yet.

6. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Tim's final iteration of the "Stooge Chips" is the best anyone is going to safely get out of a stock 348 motor and Motronic 2.7 system.

Our ECUs can't be flashed - they require a new set of EPROMS to be installed. Ernie has a great step-by-step post on the procedure.

vvassallo and ILLA NOIZ like this.