Westfield Car Show | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Westfield Car Show

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by scott63, Jul 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Post if you two band together. I suspect I'll pop by too. Paper says no more rain after tomorow :)

2. AVFIN

AVFIN Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    Watchung NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony Villanova
    That is a great place for the show. Too bad my Mondi is in the shop replacing seals. I will be there anyway to see the talent.

3. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Supposed to be a perfect day tomorrow...I am rallying a group together...I will post the people going in my group

4. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I might stop by in the Z8 as i am only 15 min from downtown Westfield.

5. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger

why don't you meet me at my house at 4:30-4:45 so we can all drive over together?

6. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    All depends on how the work day turns out tomorrow.

7. AVFIN

AVFIN Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    Watchung NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony Villanova
    I hope the weather is better tomorrow than today, it is horrible outside. Looking forward to seeing some great cars. I have been thinking of getting another Ferrari. The Mondial is good to take out the family in so I was thinking of a TR or a 355 with the F1 ( for the wife). Hope to see some there.

Todd, do you have the F1, if so how do you like it?? I was told the earlier F1 was quirky but the 99 was great!!

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Ok, just chatted with Todd. I'm in.
    Anybody else want to hook up & drive in?

ok, since talked to George Whithers at G-Wiz. Same fellow as last year, same deal as last year. Meet at his shop at 5:00pm & we'll caravan over.
    Ben, Scott: he's waiting for you to call for confirmation.
    I pulled this from last year's thread
    ============================================

Garden State Parkway to Exit 135, follow signs to Westfield. You will take one long road, Central Ave for about 6 miles or so. Make a left at South Avenue which is a big interesection with a light. About 1 mile on your left is G-Wiz, 523 South Avenue West, on the Circle.

G-Wiz number- 908 789-0849

9. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Clyde,
    I'm in. My father and I will bring two cars and meet you guys at the event.

Looks like I'll bring the Red Elise and Red '89 M3 (Sport Evo spec). I'm sure all the muscle car guys will be laughing at us.

-Gary

10. BlackRX7Turbo

BlackRX7Turbo Karting

Sep 18, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    OOh... taking the Elise... I can use that as a selling point with my wife about going....

11. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'll be at G-wiz by 5pm Also just ran into James Ward, another local Ferrari fan, he is bringing his 360 Spider and new 355 challenge car.

12. horowitz

horowitz Karting

May 25, 2005
    NYC Metro
    Full Name:
    Horowitz
    I'm looking to buy a 308, 328, or TR very soon. There better be some nice examples of each at this thing so I can once and for all decide which to get. :)

13. tommy g

tommy g Guest

May 3, 2005
    westfield nj
    Full Name:
    tom gillespie
    GUYS I LIVE IN WESTFIELD, I WONT BE BY TILL LATER BUT I HAVE 4 SPOTS IN MY DRIVEWAY WHERE YOU CAN PARK IF YOU CAN GET A RIDE INTO TOWN....ABOUT 5 BLOCKS AWAY.

PM ME IF NEEDED......BUT NOT REHAN, HE'S CUT OFF!

14. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    what are friend's for :D

15. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    What times does this event end?

16. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Usually ends between 8:30-9pm. G-wiz spots are usually right by Ferraro's corner allowing easy ingress and egress. Speaking of this show I've got to go get a cleaning or the only category I'll win is BARN FIND! LOL!

17. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I will probably stop by for a few would it be better to stop by earlier around 6:30 or later around 8? Where exactly is the show is it at the address listed below for G-Wiz?

18. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    The earlier the better. The show is two blocks making a T right in downtown, remember you ate dinner at Lime, right in front of Lime. You can't miss it. See ya then!

19. horowitz

horowitz Karting

May 25, 2005
    NYC Metro
    Full Name:
    Horowitz
    Well, reporting back from the Westfield show, and as far as Ferraris represented there, it was slim pickings...

1. 1983 308 GTB. Red/tan, and it looked great. Hey buddy:)
    2. 512M. Black/tan. I think it totally dominated as the 'hottest' car there.
    3/4. A couple 355 Spiders. (one yellow and one I forget, maybe grey?)
    5. A red 360 Spider, but with racing decals all over it.

Am I missing any?

There was only one Ferrari from the 80s. That's was too bad for me, since that's my favorite era of Ferrari's entire history.

20. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Actually six Ferraris (you forgot the 355 Challenge car) and one Lambo (Scott's Gallardo). Not a bad representation considering this is really a "classic" car show. More importantly, got to see old friends (Clyde, Todd, Scott, Rehan) and meet new ones (John the "lurker", Randy, some cute young Brazilian girls, LOL).

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I KNEW I left too early! lol
    I'll post some pics shortly

22. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    It was good seeing everyone, sorry i got there late and did not get a chance to talk with everyone. Thanks again Todd for getting me in the show.

23. tl731

tl731 Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2004
    Staten Island , NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas L.
    I was there last night, introduced myself to John and Clyde..very nice guys.
    Although there weren't that many ferrari's there, they all looked beautiful. I have seen that red spyder with all of the stickers in Belmar alot,at a house on the border of Spring Lake and Belmar , oceanside. The blue (not sure of the exact color naming) 355F1 was awesome, as well as the testarossa. I saw the Gallardo on the street driving, would liked to have seen it up close.

A nice night in all

24. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Okay you guys, ignore my '69 E-type Roadster! It was nice to have a few F-cars and a Lambo to frame my British Beauty. ;-) Though how that Porch, er... I mean Porsche snuck in there I can't figure.

It was great fun caravaning down there with Todd, Randy and Clyde, despite the rush hour traffic.

Steve

25. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    That's ok though. Nobody in the crowd did. I heard much praise at the beauty that you had there. She was gorgeous! But then I've always loved the E-types. Steve, I was amazed at how good she sounded going up the parkway.