What are the best free streams for Daytona 24? | FerrariChat

What are the best free streams for Daytona 24?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Nuvolari, Jan 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    With the Daytona 24 hour less than a day away I was wondering if anyone had some good sources for free online streams in the US?

It appears as though IMSA.tv is not streaming in North America

kes7u likes this.
  2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Amazing isn't it?

Here it is 2020 and they still can't seem to figure this out.

BHW

kes7u and Nuvolari like this.
  3. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Even the head of GM's efforts says it's convoluted trying to watch the race.

4. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Watching NBCSN's stream by logging in to my cable company on the NBCSN web site. Shooting it to my TV until it comes back on TV at 11.

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Only watching through the car cams on the IMSA site. Canada is blocked for IMSA radio.

6. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Nah...It's IMSA. They are still figuring out what those tiny seeds were in the 935 of the Whittington car.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  7. No, no, no, no. Get it right.

The seeds were in the baby blue 935 (is dad out yet???). The Whitt Porsche had the white powdery substance, no?..... ;)

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Ha! I see what you did there!

I can't complain about 24 Hours coverage this year as I did two years ago when none of the
    event was covered live on any of the FOX channels in Miami, no TV, no streaming. Instead,
    women's college basketball and bowling highlights from the 70's (no ****) so we saw less of
    the event than in the 70's and early 80's when a local Orlando station did live periodic five minute updates overnight sandwiched between some of the worst movies ever made.

Two years ago, after writing a number of protest Emails to the IMSA offices deep in the dark fake wood paneled offices in Daytonner looking for a solution, one of their PR guys actually called me the next day and I went off on this poor guy like Mussolini from the balcony.

Then, as now I suppose, it has to do with the contract IMSA has with their host broadcaster as
    they want it all to themselves. This year, by contrast, getting the race live on NBCS and was
    able to transition over to NBC live stream last night with no issue in the Miami market.

They'd be smart to at least have the option of pay per view live streaming as Le Mans has so
    we don't have to do all this jumping around all the time.

BHW

9. BTW, announcers just having stated what a wonderful car the "Cadillac" DPI is, and what a wonderful design and build the "Cadillac" is;
    who actually designed and, who builds them? What engine is in them? Caddy or actually Chevy?
    Have lost significant interest in U.S. sportscar racing since the end of ALMS. 'Don't really care enuff to do the research but if someone knows,
    I'd appreciate it. Tp? Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Oh great!!! 'Gotta make the show "real" again, eh?

So friggin' sad what's happened to "racing"....... :(

11. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
  12. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Everyone hanging remarkably tight within class except the Austin Marinas and a troubled Vette with 4.5 to go.

13. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I watched a bit through the evening, just getting going this am.

The Risi 488 is closing the gap in GTLM.

Goodness, what happened to the C8.R ?