What are the things included with ipod products? | FerrariChat

What are the things included with ipod products?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Buzz48317, Dec 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I received an ipod touch as a Christmas present from the wife this past week. This is the second ipod that we have bought in the past 12 months and they have both included in the packaging a white piece with a hole in the bottom that looks like the ipod would fit into as well as a clear clip looking thing (I know that I am bot being very descriptive but these are the only other 'parts' in the package besides the player, the USB cord, and the headphones.) Can anyone give me some insight as to that these pieces of plastic are to be used for?

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Apple sells a Universal iPod dock and those fit into it so that if you have multiple ipod you only need 1 dock and just switch out the pieces.

3. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    How do you like the thing? I was thinking of getting one, but i thought i would just stick to my simple mp3 player. :)

4. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i also am interested in knowing how you like the touch. i've played around with them a few times, and have never owned an ipod yet, (i'm a cd kind of guy, plus i use my phone as an mp3 player) the only drawback for the touch is the price and size, i can get a 160 gig regular ipod for less then a 16 gig touch. just curious as to your thoughts on it.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Wait until Jobs announces what's going to be coming out for 08' at Macworld, there could be more memory, functions, or price drop.

6. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    so far I really like it. It is probably overpriced by about a hundred dollars for what you get, but I figure if I ever get to 16 gigs worth of music on the thing I will just change my playlist around every once in a while, who ever listens to 16 gigs worth of music anyhow? The webbrowser works great and I love carrying it around with me at work as I can jump online and make changes to our website or check my email (I even sign into fchat from time to time **shhh don't tell the boss :) ). It is also nice to be able to log directly into Itunes and download content from the player instead of syncing it to the computer every time you want to add more music. I think that the size is about perfect as the screen is used for web browsing, but I would not have chosen the metal that they use for the back cover of the thing...it gets REALLY fingerprinty. I am gonna swing into Circuit City or Best Buy tonight and get a case as it is starting to be a PITA to keep it looking clean.

7. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    January 14-18 2008
    Wait a few weeks.... I would expect at least a price drop, and who knows if there is going to be a new product lineup.

8. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i know for a fact i won't be able to fill up 16 gigs worth of music, but i would like to start uploading videos and movies, and once you start getting into those, you're getting to fill up quite a few gigs....

9. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If you are planning on getting movies or tv shows downloaded to the touch I would imagine that you would suck up memory pretty quickly...however you'd have a nice big screen to watch them on too.

10. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I very much doubt a new product other than more storage space, the iTouch only came out a few months ago, the industry doesn't change THAT quickly........yet.

11. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
  12. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I got an iPhone and I thought that the 8GB was too little for me but now I look and have over 1GB free so its not that big of a deal, and if they up it to 32GB you will be paying A LOT for it.

13. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have an 80gb and it is almost full.....I ahve about 12k songs on it----riding around in a car all day ----I turn on the Shuffle feature and let it play!!!

14. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Thats impressive. I have yet to fill my 4gb mini halfway.

15. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Chris, I doubt that the price will go up much more for future touch models. Right now the 16 gig model is $100 over the base 8GB model. The units are exactly the same, so essentially you are paying for 8 extra GB. While this sounds crazy, it is due to the touch being newer to the market. My thought is that the current price will drop down within the upcoming months, along with a couple higher capacity models for the price of current ones. It's all for marketing. People want the item while it is fresh.

16. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    John, it works well. The quality is top notch when it comes down to it. You can watch movies in widescreen, with an excellent display. The internet browser works well, and is not slow if the connection is good. I find all of its features very useful. This is what I have been wanting out of a mp3 player.

17. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I have the iClear case on mine, and it has not been a problem. It protects every inch of it so the metal is not an issue. . . .assuming you do not use it as a mirror.:D Having the case on really does not increase the size much at all. It's like a PDA.