What battery fits the 2010 California? | FerrariChat

What battery fits the 2010 California?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by DrFeelGood, Apr 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrFeelGood

DrFeelGood Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    I've got a 2010 California that needs a new battery but nobody seems to know what battery to order to replace it. Does anybody have specs or anything that would help point me in the right direction? TIA

2. DrFeelGood

DrFeelGood Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Seems like everything available online is AGM but I read on this forum that AGM is for HELE cars which mine is not.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  4. Rule12b

Rule12b Karting

Jun 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I put a Braille in my Cali T last month. No issues. There is a great write up on another thread. . .

5. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    I have a 2011. I installed an Interstate MTP-49/H8 last year. no problems

6. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
  7. DrFeelGood

DrFeelGood Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Thank you!

8. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    I second that CTEK recommendation. OEM unit is useful as a paper weight maybe.

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yup. Ctek 7002 for me. Bought it 3 years ago. Totally happy with it.
    T

10. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I am having one installed this week and I'll post a pic of what it is shortly

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #11 Il Co-Pilota, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  12. HollywoodRich

HollywoodRich Rookie

Jul 18, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Rosen
    Connect the Ctek directly to the battery? Not the adapter in the trunk?

13. JohnInItaly

JohnInItaly Karting

Feb 5, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    John McCoy
    Yes, install directly onto the battery! A brand new Interstate installed by the Ferrari dealer and ALWAYS on the factory trunk charger lasted only a year for me. So far, so good with the charger mounted directly to the battery. Every month that passes with a perfect battery is a success, and I was waiting to post my HOW TO series about installing an Optima yellow top in a California, along with a cut out switch and direct battery charger, until more time has passed, but I could do that any time with lots of photos, if FERRARICHAT readers want to see it now.

14. JohnInItaly

JohnInItaly Karting

Feb 5, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    John McCoy
    Living with our beloved cars requires some experimentation. Looking forward to Ferrari Club drives with friends and then missing them when the car won't start that morning is a real bummer, and I vowed to find a permanent solution. Maybe the JuiceMyRide will work or maybe it won't. The reading that I have done suggests that the long distance between the trunk and the battery up front is part of the problem, and no one seems to know it the battery connection is direct or if it goes through other electrical components in the system somewhere. The car's computer always draws against the battery, but it draws less when the alarm system is ON because other functions are then shut off, I learned. I now set the alarm even in my high security storage facility, just to help the battery. But zero draw means no battery loss, and I installed an old fashioned $20 1950's bronze battery disconnect for when I return to Italy for months at a time, and the big Optima charger keeps the battery at 100%. The Optima charger cord is connected to the battery before the disconnect switch. When I return and reconnect the battery, I only have to reset the clock, although there can be peculiarities like the gas cap button doesn't work until I have driven the car for some minutes, and I cannot explain that one. There have been no other ill effects with the battery disconnect switch, despite some people saying that you have to go back to the dealer to reboot your computer, etc, which is not true on my car. My California will be at Concorso in Monterey and various other 2021 Car Week events, if you want to see the modification in person.