What best car to own as a Classic ferrari ? 365GT 2+2 or 365GTC\4 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What best car to own as a Classic ferrari ? 365GT 2+2 or 365GTC\4 ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, Dec 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    That's funny coincident to read.

Just a couple of months ago I did several audio-video recordings* road testing three different exhaust systems (stock, muffler delete with resonators & straight side exit pipes, latter two designed & fabricated by yours truly) on couple of 365 GTB/4s, one with all stock specs, one with slightly "hot rodded" engine (4**.* HP on the dyno), using the same route, speeds & gears (at same sections of the route), etc on all tests to capture/document inside (the cabin) dB readings with each system.
    Results were interesting, to say the least.

And at 6K+ RPMs, the modified systems do sound quite different (loud) from stock, both inside the car or when listening on the side of the road.

*My wife even edited them to cool, Oscar worthy compilations, one of which I already provided a copy of to one of the car owners.

2. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    TTR I tried recording on the road to no avail, it overpowered my mic.
    Funny story, I was always missing cell calls because of the ring, so I started using the fog horn. I'm in Walmart and I hear this horn blowing and thinking it was a fire alarm, I headed for the doors like a idiot. After that I copied V12 F1 screaming upshifts and never missed another call. It broadcasts from one end of the house to the other, and then some. :):)

TTR likes this.
  3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I had a small onboard video camera (with reasonably good built in mic and image stabilizing feature, etc) setup on the passenger seat at headrest height, offering a view similar to what a person sitting in the same spot would see (as shown in attached still image from one of the test sessions) and my iPad with dB metering app set in front of the dash/glovebox door.
    I also had another, analogue/weighed dB meter (not shown in the still image) for the app reading verification.
    App appeared quite accurate, considering it’s not weighed and relies on the iPad mic input.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

amerikalei likes this.
  4. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    stock system sounds beautiful and for the elegant 365 GTC/4 in my ears just perfect…

colombo2cam likes this.
  5. Oishi

Oishi Rookie

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ed
  6. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Marcus,

Your initial question strikes me as strange. Which car do you prefer and why?

While the the cars you listed may appreciate; they may not and if anything significant goes wrong mechanically, your investment is under water. Remember - in spite of their lower price, correct maintenance on 2+2s is actually higher than their equivalent 2 seaters - they were more expensive when new, the chassis/mechanicals are more or less the same (from a maintenance perspective) and they are better appointed and have more 'stuff' to take care of. Also, there is a higher probability that corners were cut on prior maintenance than on their more valuable 2 seater counterparts.

When I bought my car (330GT S2) I was planning on buying a PF Coupe (same price as the 330GT S2 at the time) and was offered a Lusso which was a bit of a stretch but 'almost' doable. I figured I'd get the 330, try it out, then get something else. Two things happened - I fell in love with it (daily driver, when running) and went totally underwater financially doing all the differed maintenance and correcting prior poor quality repairs.

Even when I could have gotten out, I could not bring myself too sell - I enjoyed having it. My experiences and financial outcome would have been different if I picked differently or traded it but I don't regret my choice.

I would advise buying the car which will bring you the most joy in owning it and I can't tell what that would be by the questions you have asked.

Regards,

Art S.

lgs, SCantera, readplays and 2 others like this.
  7. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you for your input Art. You may not have understood fully my question, but I have got what you mean by your answer ;-)

8. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Bowzer, I have owned both and still have the 365 GTC/4. I like it much better than the 365 GT 2+2.

Chuck

Bowzer likes this.
  9. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you Chuck
    I have now bought my own 365 GTC\4 and expecting deliver soon :)

colombo2cam likes this.