What car stole Ferraris design the most? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What car stole Ferraris design the most?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ferruccio, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Nobody mentioned the Corvette ? Theyve been borrowing Ferrari designs since day 1, the C1 were big fat US Barchettas, the C2 was a very nice original design, the C3 copied its profile from the 250GTO, the C4 looks like a link between the Daytona & the Maranello, the C5, well they dropped the ball there & copied Mazda, who knows what they were thinking then :) The C6 Ive heard looks a lot like a Maranello

2. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The NSX uses the same basic wedge shape of the ferrari 328's, but IMO doesn't look anything like any ferrari at all. It is a beautiful car and I love it.

As for the next generation. It does have a lot of ferrari look to it. I would say more 360 than enzo. If only it had a 600HP v12 :(

3. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    When the 1986.5 - 1988 Fiero GT (the fastback 6cyl version) was new I remember seeing a direct comparison between it and the Dino 246. The measurements and specs were remarkably similar. There are many angles on that car that look Ferrari-like, and it is often confused by non-car-people.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    "What car stole Ferraris design the most?"

Pontiac Mera - Blatantly

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wasn't there a VW Karmann-Ghia that looked just like a Dino?

6. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Dino stole every design from Ferrari, right Frank? ;>)

7. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Would you call this "stealing" a design, or "sharing" a design? Both are penned by Pininfarina. On top, the 1960 Ferrari 250GT Coupe. On bottom, the 1961 Lancia Flavia Coupe. Very similar, yes?

Not sure I know how to post a picture on the new FChat, we will see what happens....