What did you do to your Mondial today? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

What did you do to your Mondial today?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddenboer, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Removed the A/C compressor to fix a front seal that was leaving a nasty puddle in my garage. Royal PITA to remove and reinstall, but it seems like the problem has been cured.

JLF and MvT like this.
  2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Needed to have some new rubber to pass the MOT this year. Decided to go for a classic look tire, which I had seen on Johan's (AKA Jeka) Mondial.
    GoodYear efficientgrip performance 225/55 r16 rear
    GoodYear efficientgrip performance 205/55 r16 front

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Allen S., Dino2400 and Jeka like this.
  3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Great choice, look indeed period correct. But is there a piece of your rear bumper missing again?

4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Well, not again :) I didn't repair it since may 2019. Time is an issue these days! I would be lucky if I can take it out for a drive once and a while.

Anyway also did some pre-work in repairing it. Fitting and it seems to fit perfectly. Only the lower grill does not line up with the middle hole.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dino2400 likes this.
  5. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Ah! Pfew... For a moment i thought you took another hit. Hope she will be as new again soon!

6. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
  7. Brooklands

Brooklands Karting

Aug 4, 2014
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Today I removed the engine.

For my 1983 Coupe's upcoming 40th birthday, I thought it would be nice to treat the Ferrari to some fresh rubber.

Since nobody should ever trust old cracked rubbers, with it's 40 years and 25K miles, it's getting new fuel, vapour, coolant, brake, long tunnel, and oil cooler hoses. As well as suspension bushings, axle boots, brake calliper seals, clutch slave seals, cam seals, belts, tensioners, drive sprockets, rad core, water pump seals, and some other standard service stuff.

Although it took a solid days work to pull the motor with jack stands and floor jacks by myself, and hopefully not much more to put the lump back, I am hoping to save a similar amount of time with the much better access.

Cheers,
    Phil

rob, decampos, ellum and 1 other person like this.
  8. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    So you did this with a jack and jack stands? Wow, tell me more, I would like to do this someday, without a lift.

9. Brooklands

Brooklands Karting

Aug 4, 2014
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Just 6 ton 24” jack stands for the back frame, and normal 2 ton shorter stands for the front. Two floor jacks with one having a 24” lift was perfect for my 5” plywood dolly. A small 2x4 spacer on the jack allowed the final 25.5” lift for the engine to roll easily out the back. All really pretty straight forward.

10. 85QVEuro

85QVEuro Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2021
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    same here - used a 3 ton jack, jack stands, a moving dolly w/ 3/4" plywood on top for a landing surface - kept the front wheels on the ground

11. 85QVEuro

85QVEuro Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2021
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Joe
  12. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is interesting, it seems like pulling the engine on the Mondial for service is perhaps slighly more common than expected. With Mondial's engine tucked in generally, it's way easier to get to the rear bank once removed.

Yesterday, I leather conditioned all door panels and seats in my 1987.

moysiuan likes this.
  13. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I think the engine is missing? :)

14. 85QVEuro

85QVEuro Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2021
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Joe
  15. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Nothing!!! It's 8 degrees here.

16. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
  17. Cafe racer

Cafe racer Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Nigel Waterfall
    I got my Mondial T back from a major service last weekend, they also sorted out a few other issues as it was overheating (blocked radiator) ABS light on (computer fault & wiring loom issues) & suspension light on (faulty actuator)

I still have a few jobs to do, the Suspension light is still on, but the actuators all work so maybe it just needs re-setting? or can this be reset without going to a dealer??

the next big job is going to be a repaint as there are chips & scrapes on almost every panel, but for now I'm going to enjoy the car over the summer

Nigel

Brooklands and moysiuan like this.