News

What did you do to your Mondial today?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddenboer, Dec 26, 2016.

1. JLF

JLF Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2009
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    JERRY
    Do you know if you have to remove the bumper to get those lights out? I’m going to try and polish mine.

2. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    That looks very nice! What foil did you use?

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    M. Groenen
    To apply the foil it is not necessary to remove the units. If you wish to remove them the bumper doesn't need to come of. Just remove the upper part (indicator) of your unit and you will find the screws which has to be removed.

3M, my experience is that is quite easy to apply. With a hairdryer you can wrap the foil around the corners very well. A pro could do it even better i think but for now i'm satisfied with the result. Replacement foglight/units are very hard (read: almost impossible...) to find. Especially the EU ones. We should take some extra care for them.

Jeka likes this.
  4. JLF

JLF Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2009
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    JERRY
    #154 JLF, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Thanks for reply Dino. I did remove the screws from the plastic turn signal on top but it wouldn’t move so I thought it is more difficult than just removing the screws.

5. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
  6. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    Finally got to mount the 18” 355 Challenge rims. The front tyres is 225/45 and rear is 255/40. I just took a short test drive and it seems to work fine although it’s really tight on the inside in the front. Could maybe add a thin spacer there to get a little more clearance. Rear seems fine but there is already a 15 mm spacer added there.

Next I will need to find suitable centre caps for a resonable price. I would like them to have black instead of yellow bakgrund color but haven’t found any yet in the right size. Any suggestions of where I can find caps is appreciated.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Skickat från min iPhone med FerrariChat

Mechanical Dad, Drewbdo and moysiuan like this.