What do you do? How do you afford a Ferrari? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

What do you do? How do you afford a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Prancing_Horse, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    umm...does Melisssa know this? ;)

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Not her of course..... I mean I can get him a wife in exchange for the F40 - But not my wife! :)

3. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Be careful what you wish for!

Come to Vegas, we Ferrari guys here will hook you up if thats what you want you'll be married before you leave in a weekend!

Hooters here has been good to me-not for wife material though!

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Very funny.

Forza,

Cavallini

5. christopher

christopher Formula 3

Nov 29, 2003
    Ontario California
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Hey Frank,

That's is a very good outlook!!!

Chris.

6. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Pick a weekend....

7. atheyg

atheyg Guest

This Saturday their is The festival of Lights Car Show here, some will be showing our cars as its limited to 12 Ferraris, we will have events after as usual.

The following weekend a cocktail party at a local restaurant here.

You can check out the events at http://www.ferraricluboflasvegas.com

If you want to come out PM me and we can make arrangements for you to hook up with us or just show up, the cocktail party needs to be RSVP I believe.

8. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

You know people often bring up the "on your death bed regret" thing.

I surely hope on my deathbed I'm not regretting anything about material possessions; I hope thoughts of material possessions would be no where in sight.

I've taken care of a lot of people as they die and lack of possessions is not what they regret, rather lack of one sort of human interaction or other is the more usual issue.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    LMAO!

It's closer than CR anyway......

Can I come? :)

10. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Of course!

11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Hell, I can get you a wife, kids, mistress, a girlfriend, and a triple PhD Harvard professor Lawyer Brother!!!!!!!

Heck you can even have one of my balls to help with more kids!!!! I will even volunteer to make sure the females are all pregnant so you can have more kids sooner rather than later!! Check the profile for a pic!!!

12. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    I couldn't agree more with someone on this thread saying 'if you can't afford to pay cash for it then you probably shouldn't own it' I think this is correct for newer cars not those rare, collectable, investment typed of car.

If you have fulfilled other neccessities in life: home, cars, investment portfolio, college funds then you are ready to own one if your surplus cash permit.

My advice is work hard, get your priorities in order and you yourself will know whether or when you can afford a Ferrari.

13. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003

I'm "ALL IN" !!!
    :)

14. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003

It's my Dad's birthday this weekend and I will be in Costa Rica the next, But after that I think the 348 needs a road trip!!
    Are you in Jerry?

Rick

15. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    ok PM me your info and we can set a date!!!!

16. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane

I couldn't agree more, life is too short to worry about most things. Achieve all the necessities fast and then live your life. That's the way to go rather than regretting one day 20 years from now about what you should have done.

17. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    First, I own a 360 Modena. I will get a 430 When the Time is right. The 360 is mine. I earned it legally and nobody can say otherwise. I am not a rich man. I am, in fact, a retired Army officer. I am 61 years old. This is my second Ferrari. It is not my second sports car. I have owned four classic Corvettes, a Jaguar XKE, two Lotuses, and a DeTomaso Pantera. My first Ferrari was a '64 Lusso which I restored and kept for thirty years. How did I do this? First, I finished my education(through Masters). Then, I worked my buns off. All the while I saved my money and allocated my savings. I provided for my son's college (He is a Civil Engineer). I set my prioroties. I never owned a pair of Nikes or a pair of designer jeans. I have had two boats, one a motor yacht. I saved my inheritence. I don't waste-ever. Nobody can ever take away your education or your honor. I never forgot that. Did anybody give me anything-no! Did I ever cheat or do anything illegal-no. Am I bragging-damn right. However, my young friends, you can do all this also. BUT, you can't have it all. Decide what you want, set your sights on it and, just do it! The rest of the trivial stuff just is not worth it.
    Everything you do, do one at a time and enjoy each for its own sake. I may be done by this method. I'm 61. Are you done? How old are you? What a shame.

18. anon

anon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Before I buy one, I would want to be able to easily afford the true costs of an F-car. I would have to have a ton of cash burning in my pocket first. Well ok, a ton of $1 bills is only about a million dollars, so maybe a few tons...

How much disposable money as a multiple of the car price did you owners have when you bought your car? 5? 10? 100? Billionaire?

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    348 Road Trip!!!! I am so in!

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i think it's different for everyone, Doc... Some people will regret the lack of desired human interaction; others will regret other stuff... It really all depends on the individual, i think...

21. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The real 'richness' comes from the people you meet on this board when you have the chances to do so.

22. enzoz2

enzoz2 Karting

Oct 25, 2004
    NorCal
    lol... that's one of the more rediculus ones I've seen. It's just down right funny... I could imagine the guy making the webpage now... "Hmmmm... how should I make it look even remotely believable...hmmmm."

23. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Some of us are drug dealers, pimps, bank robbers and thieves i thought you knew that? I own a Ferrari because i'm part of the mob wink wink.

24. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Perhaps the sad and misguided jerks that go around presuming (and wrongly) that all ferrari owners are spoilt millionaires should take the time and trouble to actually ask the guy they see in the car what sort of money they've got . They might actually be shocked to hear that the majority have worked hard, gone without the luxuries in life (like holidays etc) and saved hard to buy their dream. These are usually the same guys that don't do much in the way of track days as they can't afford the repairs, but they went out and bought their dream ticket anyway and GOOD LUCK to them.
    It makes my blood boil to see and hear the whining and whinging from people that think the world owes them a living, and that they should be given all the things we 've strived for without getting off their fat lazy ar*es.
    Nobody has ever given me a damn thing in my life and I've never accepted any offer. Everything I've got I did by sheer hard work (100 hour weeks etc etc) and no one is going to make me feel guilty for owning A fantastic 456GT.
    You want it, then you, and only you can, make it happen!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

25. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Amen!!