What do you think about this one | FerrariChat

What do you think about this one

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by markcos, Jun 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markcos

markcos Rookie

Jun 20, 2012
    Switzerland / uk
    Hi

Im currently living in Switzerland and have been checking out which Ferrari I should buy to go along side my 911 c4s. I was originally thinking about a 355 but finding myself drawn to the Testarossa.

There are a few cheapies for sale at the min here is the 1st. Its done 38,000 km and has had 3 owners, no accidents and the owner is saying no paint.. other than the lower front bumper. it has a full history although engine was last out 4 years ago. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Im after a keeper that I will make nice over the next years so im not after a concourse car day 1. I would be interested in your thoughts on this car. Here a few pics

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. markcos

markcos Rookie

Jun 20, 2012
    Switzerland / uk
    60k GBP 80k USD

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    and what you want to know now?
    no questions to see except: any input?

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great price. I would stress the importance of careful maintenance with the trs; number owners do not mean much if the car was not properly maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. markcos

markcos Rookie

Jun 20, 2012
    Switzerland / uk
    sorry may be i was not clear enough in terms of what i wanted

In your experiences does something not look good or quite right with the limited pictures i have to share... anything specific related to these 2 that you would be looking for etc... I intend to view them both over the next 2 weeks so any advice or help over and above what is in the buyers guide wuld help me

thank you in advance

7. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    GET A PPI.

8. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    go for it, is my response.

get a good ppi, of course. but pictures dont tell you much other than color. don't mess around, have a pro luck under its shorts for you. but it's a solid price, i still remember when they shot into the hundreds of thousands of dollar mark during the late 80s mania, this is a relative bargain. my wife's fully loaded grocery getter cayenne was more new. this is a forever icon.

like nike says...

9. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    That's first ones engine bay doesn't look like 38k mileage, unless its been poorly stored!

Cheap prices though.

10. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Both have full history, that is good. Bear in mind you'll probably need to do a big service right away most probably (with engine out), so you need to factor it in.
    I would also check to see if they have been used regularly or stored for a long time. In that case for sure they will have gremlins here and there that will also cost quite o lot to sort out. Maybe you can bring the one you choose to Sudan (now Kessel) in Zug or Foitek in Zurich and let them have a good look around.

If you can stretch it, I would suggest you to get a 512TR though. A bit newer and more performant. (And nicer looking, but that's just my opinion).