What do you think is required to repair this Scud | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What do you think is required to repair this Scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by Badabing!, Jun 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    About $88K plus fees

2. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    just sold again for $96K plus fees

3. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    02360spider bought a 2000 Modena from Copart or IAAI a while back, think he wound up having around 60k in the car by the time he was done repairing it. He did some upgrades too though on top of repairs if I remember his thread correctly. So getting a repairable decent car is possible just not likely.

To have any shot at a decent one before people throw lipstick on a pig you would have to buy the car the first time around from the insurance company weather it’s copart or a regular insurance auction. To be fair it appears that taking and buying a car with severe damage and fixing it up to look like far less then running it thru Copart again is a common occurance even for more mundane cars so it’s not specific to exotics. Doing your due dillagence when considering any salvage car is the correct thing to do.

All that being said if the damage is as advertised and the price is significantly less then a no stories car and you plan to keep the car not flip it in a few years it could be a good deal. As in the example I provided in 02360spiders case if you bought a no stories car for 60k or at the bottom of the 360 range then had to put another 15-20k in it, which would probably be the case, you potentially saved that much but now have a car with a branded title. But I also only thing buying a salvage car works if you do your own work on top of planning to keep the car.