What does it really feel like to own and drive a Ferrari? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

What does it really feel like to own and drive a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by spearchew, Feb 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    It was the single most motivating goal in my life.

No, it was not a shallow goal.

If you love it this much, it's better than anything that you can imagine.

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I just bought my first Ferrari this February and couldn't drive it due to the time of year snow salt on the roads, and I am going to drive it tomorrow for the first time as an owner, I test drove it on two different occasions this past summer and fall and I am so friggin' excited you can't imagine I feel like I did when I was 10 at Christmas time I am so pumped up I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    no
    yes
    no
    no
    no
    no

4. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes, people are impressed.

Everyone I DO NOT know responds positively. Everyone I DO know, unless a close friend, seems think negatively. I've in the last two years picked up the unfair and untrue label of arrogant snob around the clubhouse. My wife's friends' husbands have blurted on several occasions jealous drivel that has made some social situations tedious and uncomfortable. The people in the world that generally affect my life tend to respond less favorably.

The eyes of some young women do light up, occasionally. They dim when they realize that someone their age and hot isn't driving. The eyes of young boys light up invariably. Takes patience.

The thrill of owning a Ferrari becomes the norm, but never goes away. There's a difference. You get used to having a **** eating grin everywhere you go.

If you're worried about wrecking, you increase your chances of it happening, at least in my opinion. How can you enjoy a car you're afraid of bending? Don't drive like an ass and it will never be your fault.

Underlying sense of guilt, yes, but not at all over having while other have not. I had not, too. Now I have. But I do feel very guilty over spending so much on a toy. Enough so that I'm getting out of them for a while.